X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disc vending

hey sausageguy here as most of you know(i hope),iam the vendor at pier.Yes i pay fees to health dept fire dept(cuz i used propane) and of course the parks dept.i would say protocal for tourneys, parks or whereever would be talk to the person in charge.You should expect to pay a vendor fee at tourneys.On the flip side if you are paying fees for tourneys the tournament should limit the number of vendors so the vendors have a crack at making there money back.thats my two cents anyway have a great day
    sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

Can I have that with onions?
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

u eat onions?

Comment

Every day. Garlic too.

Comment

I don't usually eat soy anymore. What are your veggie dogs made of.

If you slice your dogs thin, wouldn't those be discs? (There, back on topic.)
            Last edited by Ol' Bob; August 20th, 2009, 03:02 PM. Reason: digs=dogs

Comment

Originally posted by papatart View Post
              Well, I think there is more to this than a simple answer. I will say that when a club, person, whatever is throwing a tournament that it is that entity that should have the rights as to who sells at their event. They are the ones responsible for the people being at that park at that time and should enjoy the fruits of their labor. If they wish to let others sell, then it should be on their terms (payment, product donation, etc).

As for selling at parks when there is no event running, you should check with either the parks department or the local club. It could be something that is desired and could be mutually beneficial or it could be verboten. No matter what, just showing up at a park and selling without an okay, in my opinion, is not the way to do it. Chances are a lot of folks went to a bunch of trouble to get that course in, so don't step on toes. If it turns out you can sell by giving the host club a buck or two per disc, then hurrah!

As always though, I will say that if you are not a licensed business and are not paying sales tax on your sales, then I am against it period. There are people out there with shops that are doing it by the book and should not be undersold by trunk-junkies that do not pay their fair share. Again, just another way that we can get the image of our sport to become more legitimate is to not be hawking merch out of every random person's car. How many other sports does this happen?

So there's my input....from a TD, a course owner and installer and a pro shop owner....and a supporter of clubs and their needs to raise money.

Later!
              Scott Papa
              I agree pretty much entirely with Papa here but just want to point out that there IS a shoe/apparel company that got their start selling sneakers out of the trunk of their cars. They'd probably think it is pretty cool to see disc golfers doing the same. I'm not saying I agree with it but just saying.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                I agree pretty much entirely with Papa here but just want to point out that there IS a shoe/apparel company that got their start selling sneakers out of the trunk of their cars. They'd probably think it is pretty cool to see disc golfers doing the same. I'm not saying I agree with it but just saying.

Bob
                Funny, that was the first thing I thought of, too. Where do you come up with these things?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  Funny, that was the first thing I thought of, too. Where do you come up with these things?
                  Great minds think alike!

Bob

Comment

what color is your hair today?

Originally posted by papatart View Post
                    Well, I think there is more to this than a simple answer. I will say that when a club, person, whatever is throwing a tournament that it is that entity that should have the rights as to who sells at their event. They are the ones responsible for the people being at that park at that time and should enjoy the fruits of their labor. If they wish to let others sell, then it should be on their terms (payment, product donation, etc).

As for selling at parks when there is no event running, you should check with either the parks department or the local club. It could be something that is desired and could be mutually beneficial or it could be verboten. No matter what, just showing up at a park and selling without an okay, in my opinion, is not the way to do it. Chances are a lot of folks went to a bunch of trouble to get that course in, so don't step on toes. If it turns out you can sell by giving the host club a buck or two per disc, then hurrah!

As always though, I will say that if you are not a licensed business and are not paying sales tax on your sales, then I am against it period. There are people out there with shops that are doing it by the book and should not be undersold by trunk-junkies that do not pay their fair share. Again, just another way that we can get the image of our sport to become more legitimate is to not be hawking merch out of every random person's car. How many other sports does this happen?

So there's my input....from a TD, a course owner and installer and a pro shop owner....and a supporter of clubs and their needs to raise money.

Later!
                    Scott Papa

yose wrote
                    These are good Papa points.
                    Something to remember though is most of the discs that were sold at courses in the old days were out of trunks.
                    That's sort of how a lot of it started.
                    I wonder how many ex trunk junkies have rehabilitated and now run their own "trunk free" pro shops?
                    Maybe we should call them "trunkies".
                    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                    - Anonymous

Comment

Heya Discdogs!

Good to see another familiar face. I was down at Pier park at the end of june. I bought a road runner and a hot dog from ya. Love the disc,dog and course. Hope to come down again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by TREX View Post
                        Good to see another familiar face. I was down at Pier park at the end of june. I bought a road runner and a hot dog from ya. Love the disc,dog and course. Hope to come down again soon.
                        thanx brother
                        im there 12 to 6 seven daze a week. let me know ur trex....peace

Comment

Originally posted by TREX View Post
                          thanx brother
                          im there 12 to 6 seven daze a week. let me know ur trex....peace

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X