X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LegoRules
    started a topic best driver for narrow fairways?

best driver for narrow fairways?

What is the best driver for narrow fairways, tight wooded shots. I need something that will hold a staight line.

Thanks,
    Cindy

• TYVEK
    replied
    Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
    300' or less is a glow MRV. Longer than 300' would be a Star Valkyrie. Hole 16 at Sea Tac is 535', I throw MRV off the tee and approach with the valk.
    Hey, i always knew you were a little backwards!!

Leave a comment:

• olydiscgolf
    replied
    300' or less is a glow MRV. Longer than 300' would be a Star Valkyrie. Hole 16 at Sea Tac is 535', I throw MRV off the tee and approach with the valk.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa
    replied
    I'm going to change my answer to the new Discraft Stalker. I bought one today and WHOA! It will hold any line I put it on. The best thing about it was that i got it for 10 bucks in the used disc section at PIAS and it did not have a scuff or chip.

Leave a comment:

• COV45
    replied
    Crystal Buzz or a Roc

Leave a comment:

• Iowa
    replied
    Discraft Z Hawk. If you can get your hands on one get it. They are not made in Z plastic anymore. It's a titch on the understable side but always comes back.

Leave a comment:

• chanman
    replied
    Innova Star Plastic Teebird. Any weight. It is amazing.

Leave a comment:

• bitterbuffalo
    replied
    Innova TL, in my opion this is the straightest flying driver ever... but I saw that this did not work for you. The second straightest flying disc I own is a Discraft Buzzz. It holds a line incredibly well, unfortunately even when I want it to fade.

Leave a comment:

• k2trcs
    replied
    get some dx fairway drivers on the understable side, little bit lighter than usual might help too. I try to find that finesse in a beat dx glo leopard, 160-something.

Leave a comment:

• Joshua Olmsted
    replied
    I'll throw in another vote for the Z XL it's my only fairway driver and I use it almost exclusively for dead straight drives. Then for everything shorter the Buzz is also very straight, and I can still throw it 80% of the distance of my max distance driver.

Leave a comment:

• SPIDER-DAN
    replied
    I think the leopard that some of you suggested is a great choice. Just keep in mind that the valkyrie will never go away. I throw a 167 jk pro valkyrie (champion) on steilly pro alt. #1 (very tight tunnel) and get through 90% of the time.

Other options if you got wimpy arm like me is: Sidewinder, roadrunner, monarch, avenger ss.........150-160 weights.

Leave a comment:

• Ol' Bob
    replied
    I wish I could throw anything 300 feet.

Leave a comment:

• kyle95
    replied
    for tight fairways i prefer the Z XL. it is the disc that i have the most control of and it has a straight flight.

Leave a comment:

• Greg_R
    replied
    Aviar for <175ft, Roc for <265ft, Leopard for <325ft, Teebird for >325ft. This is assuming that I throw it correctly :-)

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    Drivers are for throwing far with less control. For narrow fairways, throw a midrange disc. I like the Buzzz. I hear the Roc has a small but dedicated following, as well.

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X