X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best driver for narrow fairways?

What is the best driver for narrow fairways, tight wooded shots. I need something that will hold a staight line.

Thanks,
    Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

anything under 250 definitely use a midrange... over that, everyone's taste and style varies, I would use a valk or viking..

Comment

Leopard.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
        What is the best driver for narrow fairways, tight wooded shots. I need something that will hold a staight line.

Thanks,
        Cindy
        Just got back from Waterloo, eh?

Comment

TL

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          TL
          sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            Uh yeah, and I did have some trouble keeping it on the fairway. A lot of that was probally operator error, but maybe I am not throwing the best dics for tha situation. I was throwing my TL, and it just did not seem to be working that great for me.

Cindy
            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

Gazelle, ESP Cyclone, Impact, JLS
              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Keep in mind that many drivers have to be thrown very hard to do what they are advertised to do. For example, Snap suggested a Valk or a Viking which are excellent choices if you have ~300+ feet of power. If not, the disc will act more stable and not be a straight as you were looking for.

If you were having problems with discs that are normally straight for you it means you need some more practice on courses with tight fairways. Throwing a 200' straight shot in a field and a 200' straight shot on a narrow fairway are different. I tend not to throw as hard, which of course makes the disc more stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  Impact
                  Seconded.

And unless your TL is 150g, it could be a bit too much disc for you, like Scott was saying.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                    Seconded.

And unless your TL is 150g, it could be a bit too much disc for you, like Scott was saying.
                    I flip 150s too much, so I don't think my 162 TL is too much disc for me. I just was not sure it was the best disc for the situation. I know I need more practice throwing it in the narrows like Scott said, but I was open to trying a different disc that might be better for those situations. Thanks for all the good advice guys

Cindy
                    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                    Stumptown #176
                    PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                      I flip 150s too much, so I don't think my 162 TL is too much disc for me.
                      Sorry, I meant too much disc in that situation. Full-power drives in the woods = trouble, and underpowered TL = more fade than you want.

I often throw a 150g Leopard when I need absolute control... and in the woods, you don't have to worry about the wind tossing those light discs around.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

beat roc or beat eagle for me depending on the distance

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                          Sorry, I meant too much disc in that situation. Full-power drives in the woods = trouble, and underpowered TL = more fade than you want.

I often throw a 150g Leopard when I need absolute control... and in the woods, you don't have to worry about the wind tossing those light discs around.
                          Oh sorry Adam missread that post. I get what you are saying now. I do have a couple of Leopords, so I think I will toss them in my bag and give them a whirl.

Thanks,
                          Cindy
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

Teebird.
                            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Keep some old flippy 150 just for those tight ones. If you practice an 85% pull, chances are, you'll find what you're looking for there. I think it's a good approach to the problem.

If you have a place in the open to practice, try it on a calm day. Pick out a narrow target find the "control" pull that can hit it repeatedly. My first 150 R-Pro Boss is becoming beat-up useless flippy on a full pull. I'm having some trouble using it as a turnover because I'm too near full power and the aim suffers, but in the woods, and backing off, it's working out nicely for threading needles. It's giving me decent distance too, even with my wimpy arm.
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X