Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again for all of the responses. I'll look at everything suggested.

Comment

I'm going to say ESP Crush twice...because it's just that good.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9SSP...eature=related

Comment

Update!

I've made my decisions.

Elite Z Avenger 168, for a universal driver
        ESP Crush 169, for something to use in the wind
        Elite Z Force 170, for max distace
        Elite X Buzzz 173, for a general mid-range
        Pro-D Magnet 175, for putting

Thanks for all the help everybody. If anybody has any comments on the discs, or any other suggestions, feel free to post.

Comment

Good choice with the Crush.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9SSP...eature=related

Comment

I loved the Crush, but they HAD to be in X plastic, then they discontinued the X. I switched to the Z Force; every bit a Crush and lots more. I throw all Discraft and your selections look good. I never cared for the Avenger, but if it works, it works. A buddy loves the X Buzzz, I prefer them in Pro D and CryZtal (a great 2 disc combo). I prefer my Magnets soft, but with tourney stamps as they tend to be between stock soft and regular Mags. One of the reasons quite a few folks are trying Discraft is that they are tired of innovaland's business model of planned inconsistency. Over time you will notice, and come to love, that Discraft run variations within a mold are significantly less than others. That out-of-the-box consistency is what has kept me coming back to the BIG D for decades. Have fun with this experiment.
            educate your thinking

Comment

I may have mentioned this somewhere else, but, the Stalker is an AWESOME disc! A good fit between a Buzzz and and Avenger SS (both of which are money discs in their own right).

I keep a Drone in the bag, too, along with a Buzzz SS. If I didn't own the Buzzz SS, I'd still have either my Meteor or Comet in my bag - the Meteor being the more understable of the two.

No matter your choices, enjoy throwing them. Once I opened up to a manufacturer other than just Innova, I started really finding discs the suit my style of throwing. Now I have a mix of Discraft, Lightning, Gateway, and Innova in my bag, and each disc in my bag I can throw fairly well.

Happy hucking!
              TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by eric25 View Post
                Update!

I've made my decisions.

Thanks for all the help everybody. If anybody has any comments on the discs, or any other suggestions, feel free to post.
                Howdy,

so i would say consider a ESP Pulse instead of the crush. the reason is because the crush and the force will be very overstable discs until they get beat in a bit. the pulse is less overstable than the crush and i think you will get better throws and distance out of it. if you are just trying out discraft discs there is no reason to have 2 out of your 3 drivers be extremly overstable discs. the other discs you have sounds great to start with. you cant go wrong with the XL if you start liking discraft. good luck and Great rounds for you!
                Team HOSER:dancing:
                Team OLY:cheerleader:
                Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                  the pulse is less overstable than the crush and i think you will get better throws and distance out of it.
                  Not according to Discraft, or any of the flight charts out there. The Pulse is very overstable and would overlap severely with the Force. (Tyvek, were you thinking of the Flash?)

In fact, Eric, I think you ought to drop the Crush and get an understable driver, which will come in very handy; nothing on your current list is going to turn over easily. Check out the Avenger SS.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                    Not according to Discraft, or any of the flight charts out there. The Pulse is very overstable and would overlap severely with the Force. (Tyvek, were you thinking of the Flash?)

In fact, Eric, I think you ought to drop the Crush and get an understable driver, which will come in very handy; nothing on your current list is going to turn over easily. Check out the Avenger SS.
                    Agreed.
                    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

As a fellow ambidextrous player I was puzzled by your choice of Left Hand Fore Hand and Right Hand Back Hand as the throws you are setting off with - I throw back hands both sides, which gives me the option to hyzer the same disc with the same throw and get a mirror-image flight path.

What you're describing is going to give you throws with both arms, but less versatility than merely throwing fore and backhand with a single arm...

Just a though - I know how it can be learning forehands on the off arm - which is why I don't throw lefty forehands...

Best Luck!

Update!

I've made my decisions.

Comment

Good point. How much different would the Avenger and the Avenger SS be? From my understanding, the Avenger SS is the same as the Avenger, but it flies straighter. Is this correct?

Another question, how much can the plastic used change the disc? Would an Avenger SS in Elite-Z be any different from the same disc in ESP or ESP FLX?

Comment

Good point. How much different would the Avenger and the Avenger SS be? From my understanding, the Avenger SS is the same as the Avenger, but it flies straighter. Is this correct?
                          Well, "straighter" is just marketing copy. It's more understable than the original Avenger: when it's thrown hard, it will turn over much more easily. On a flat throw, that means it'll go right; when thrown softly or with hyzer, it may very well go "straight."

The important thing to note is that the Avenger SS is a very different disc than the Avenger. This isn't always the case; the Surge SS is only one notch less stable than the Surge -- but with the Avenger, it's a much bigger modification for whatever reason. And people say good things about the Avenger SS; supposedly it has tons of "glide," whatever that means.

Another question, how much can the plastic used change the disc? Would an Avenger SS in Elite-Z be any different from the same disc in ESP or ESP FLX?
                          Probably not too much difference when you're comparing the premium plastics, although the people on discgolfreview.com seem to think the FLX Avenger SS is a bit more stable. (But X plastic will usually be a little more understable. Discraft even acknowledges this with some molds; the Xpress, XL, and Avenger, for example, actually have different Discraft flight ratings in the various plastics.)
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Snip.
                            Thanks man, I appreciate the help. I should have the discs ordered by tomorrow and I appreciate everybody's input.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X