Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man... some people are so ridiculously full of shit that it truly boggles the mind. 1965?! Designing courses? Was that before or after you wrote War and Peace and crossed the Atlantic on a tight-rope?

mjbacon, your little funtime story-telling has been amusing if not educational. It has been entertaining if not enlightening. It has proven something to read rather than something to learn from.

In conclusion.... You sir, are a blow-hard.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Really? Dude was just trying to spark conversation. Kind of sums up the direction this forum has headed.

Comment

Now then yougins you just aren't appreciating the history here. Back in the 50s when we played in the PPGA, the Pie Plate Golf Association, things were different. Rules, targets, all that stuff was different. We played with pie plates, that's right official Frisbee Pie Company pie plates. And to honor the great Olympians we played naked. And we were in contact with the earth, our targets were seasonal. Our targets were berry patches: Blackberry, Salmonberry, Marionberry too. Depending, like I said, on the season. Now they weren't actually the target, they were really more like the fairways of today. You had to throw your plate into a berry bush to advance, the real targets were bears or badgers. Once you found a bush with a bear (we called 'em bars back then), you had sex with the bar or badge. By the standards of today that might sound wrong, but times were different then. Gettng some bar or badge pink was considered a right of passage, like moving from advance to pro would be today. But then something went wrong and some of the female barws got pregnant and bore little half-bar, half human babies. We called 'um Humbars. Then the government got involved. Remember this was the 50s, with all that nuclear fear from that first Godzilla flick I think. Anyway, they rounded up all the Humbars, and shipped 'em off somewhere's in Montana. I just remember a Hell of a Place, but maybe it's called Helena now, this being a sensitive age.

Comment

fantastic bit of reading guys!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X