X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVP

Ok so I have 2 MVP disc new to my bag 173 Neutron Volt and a 175 Neutron Amp. I have many disc with higher speeds than these two MVP driver that I can flip over or turnover. I don't know what the deal is with the Volt but I can't get it to turn at all. I flights the way the shock should. I have got it to turn a little bit when I ripped it with every thing I got. I know Mike C has a cannon of an arm but I don't have a noodle arm either. So I tried it forearm and it flew super sweet for me. My forearm really is my weakness of my game so I'm hoping that maybe I have finally found the right disc for me. Now for the Amp this disc hyzerflips very nice and and it will turn but it takes some serious power to do so. With 70% power it flukes nice and straight so far I like the Amp better then the volt but I have only had these discs for a couple of weeks now. I'm glad that I didn't get the resistor now if I'm having trouble with the volt being to stable I don't even want to know what kind of problems I would be having with it.

I would say you have received a volt on steroids. I have two volts and both fly with very nice S curves. It will flip over slightly from a hyzer release but will come back when the speed reduces. I have many MVP discs and only once did I get what I would consider a dud. I bought a white tensor and it flys more like an axis.

My advice is get another Volt and save this one for windy conditions or your stable Volt.
    PDGA #25296
    Stumptown #34

Comment

Agree with Michael.......my volt flips a little and stays that way for longer than I want. I threw my son's amp and shock and found of course the amp was little bit more understable, but the shock in his bag was very overstable. Had a heck of a time flipping the shock........... I would say get another volt and/or lighter weight one as well.
      WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Well since my last post I've got 4 more MVP discs. I still need to try a different volt but I've gotten an Ion, Axis, Tangent, and a Tensor. And I love them all. I found that my Volt works great forehand since it silly overstable. I can wait for the distance drivers to come out. Then I can get rid of the Innova crap in my bag and just throw Trilogy and MVP.
        Last edited by Josh Heideman; May 8th, 2014, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I love my Axiom (Almost MVP) Envy

Comment

I have tried all the MVP discs and I am digging the Switch and the Servo right now. I picked up the Tesla and I think it may replace my first run destroyers however I am waiting to see how overstable the motion is going to be. The resistor is crazy stable when it slows down and has a pronounced bull nose on it, I love it in a headwind when I can throw it hard and flat and it will still work its way back left on a RHBH throw. I will also say that my Volt also makes a great forehand discs but I would not list it as overstable.

I live in the Portland area so if anyone wants to try out an MVP discs just shoot me an IM and maybe we can meet up at a course and play a round.
            PDGA #25296
            Stumptown #34

Comment

I heard rumor that there was a run of Steroid Volts so this doesn't surprise me. Mine is like the old EAGLE before they went to the x mold but way more consistant and the gyro is great for tree nicks and strikes (they still go forward unless it's an absolute full face hit).

I have 4 MVPs in my bag now, 2 definately have homes (Volt and Alias) and the Tesla will probably find a place there too (being a faster volt) but I just don't have the need right now on the windy coast for the Tesla to really shine.
              FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X