Difference between blowflies and gumbputts Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Difference between blowflies and gumbputts

    I was trying to find the difference between the blowflies and gumbputts (both by DGA) but couldn't figure it out. On their website, the blowfly 1 had the same description as the blunt gumbputt and the blowfly 2 had the same description as the powerdrive gumbputt. Not sure what the difference is between the two lines and any help would be great!

  • #2
    did you look at my reply in your other thread?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by matt View Post
      did you look at my reply in your other thread?
      I did but I was a little confused as to what the different stats on that website were. What do hst, lsf, and net mean?

      Comment


      • #4
        you can just follow the lines to see the flight path

        Comment


        • #5
          what do you want from these discs?
          how do you plan on using them?
          putting? these are all almost too soft/floppy to make good putters
          approach? they are all very good for approach, because they hit and stick, and are less likely to roll away
          if it is approach, what kind of flight do you want?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by matt View Post
            what do you want from these discs? how do you plan on using them? putting? these are all almost too soft/flo ppy to make good putters approach? they are all very good for approach, because they hit and stick, and are less likely to roll away if it is approach, what kind of flight do you want?
            I'm mainly looking to use it as a disc to use in areas where I don't want the disc to roll or skip at all. It might be a longer putt or just an approach shot. I would want something a little over stable just so I can get a little distance out of it without it dumping right (RHBH)

            Comment


            • #7
              what is your current putter and/or approach disc?
              you should be able to match it up with something similar from vibram


              i have found i really like vibram soft putters, they are floppy like those you listed
              http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/cont...5951270&n=1139
              i use the summit and ridge, the just sit when they hit

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by matt View Post
                what is your current putter and/or approach disc? you should be able to match it up with something similar from vibram i have found i really like vibram soft putters, they are floppy like those you listed http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/cont...5951270&n=1139 i use the summit and ridge, the just sit when they hit
                The two putters I use the most are a judge and wizard, the judge is my straighter medium distance putt and the wizard is deep putts and approaches.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jshryr View Post
                  The two putters I use the most are a judge and wizard, the judge is my straighter medium distance putt and the wizard is deep putts and approaches.
                  I would recommend a vibram ridge (just make sure you get "soft") it is shaped kinda like a wizard, (maybe a touch shallower) it also has a small bead

                  http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/ridge.html

                  here is the flights of your putters and the ridge for comparison

                  http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/cont...777921O&n=1139

                  i bought my first soft vibrams for the same shots you are describing, but i now use the soft ridge for most of my approach shots

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by matt View Post
                    I would recommend a vibram ridge (just make sure you get "soft") it is shaped kinda like a wizard, (maybe a touch shallower) it also has a small bead http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/ridge.html here is the flights of your putters and the ridge for comparison http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/cont...777921O&n=1139 i bought my first soft vibrams for the same shots you are describing, but i now use the soft ridge for most of my approach shots
                    I think I'm going to look into the x-line soft ridge, it looks like a good material and flight pattern. Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it!

                    Comment

                    Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X