X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need a New Bag - Sell Me on Your Favorite

I have used a Grip (1st gen) for a couple of years and am set on a backpack-style bag. That said, I see a lot of choices at varying price points and I am wondering what your experience was and what bag you would buy if you were going to start over.

Currently leaning towards the Disc Golf Mahal but it is on the higher end of the price range that I am willing to put out. The Grip deal of $179 for a new one before Jan. 1 is also tempting.

So... thoughts?

(Oh... and if you have a bag that you want to sell me - new or used - please let me know. The economical hand-me-down method screams at the Jew in me...)
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

The stars do seem to be aligned for an A-series. It's $176 shipped straight from the factory, you can save $3 (feel better?).

But wait, there's more! it comes with not only a lifetime guarantee, but also a free (!) lifetime membership to discgolfplanet.tv, a $25 value.
    Last edited by tmk; December 6th, 2013, 08:56 PM. Reason: added "But wait ..."

Comment

This will probably be the way I go...
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

i sure love my A series

Comment

99% sure I am going to go the A series route
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by tmk View Post
            ... a free (!) lifetime membership to discgolfplanet.tv, a $25 value.
            No, an absolute zero value. It will not allow you to actually view any programming. All it does is enter you automatically into drawings for shoes. I demanded my money back when they revealed this after taking it. It took a long time, and multiple requests, but I finally got my refund.
            Last edited by TreeLove; December 8th, 2013, 08:34 PM.
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
              No, an absolute zero value. It will not allow you to actually view any programming. All it does is enter you automatically into drawings for shoes. I demanded my money back when they revealed this after taking it. It took a long time, and multiple requests, but I finally got my refund.
              Definitely should not carry any weight in the choosing of which bag to buy.

Comment

Sam,
                I bought my Mahal around 3-years ago. I believe you have replaced yours 2-3 times according to my count. And I don't know anyone who has had there Grip bag last longer then my Mahal. I am a fan of the quality, flexibility, and durability of the Mahal. The Warranty is great, it fits amazing, and adjusts well. BUT, Customer service sucks, they can be rude on the phone, it will take longer than you expected, and you will become frustrated. With that being said I would buy another from the bag Nazis. Next time you see me ask to try mine on.

The other bag I am interested in trying is the Big Hyzer Ergo 2. IF you carry around or less than twenty, it seems like a great new option, with a well thought out weight distribution design.
                PDGA# 49616
                Stumptown# 353
                OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

I haven't gotten a new bag in more than 2 years.
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Hmm, I recall you showing me your frayed grip bag well over a year ago, and I thought you had told me it was your 2nd one? Well Grip seems to be the most popular choice, but I think the Big Hyzer Ergo 2 is the one I would want to try out if I was shopping for something new and different.
                    PDGA# 49616
                    Stumptown# 353
                    OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

I showed you a ripped bag that I still use and that I got second-hand. The deal on the A series Grip bag is just too good to pass up.
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Paper or Plastic Sam?

Comment

the ERgo is a dope bag.
                          and the dope fits nicely inside the bag also

Comment

Mystery Ranch! Mine is one of the first 25 they sold, and it's still going strong. It has wear on one of the straps, but only because that's where I pick it up every time. I rarely rest it on my stool, and it seems to have ZERO wear on the bottom. If I were a wealthy man, I'd buy one for every golfer I know.
                            PDGA #42116

Comment

did you buy a grip before the price went back up?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X