X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light it up!

Thanks for turning me on to the lighted disc Crawdad, I absolutely love playing night golf!

Champion Rhyno
    Champion Spyder
    Champion Sidewinder
    Champion Beast

Last edited by bryan_luoma; August 1st, 2009, 02:38 PM.

What kind of set up is that? I looks like the LED is in a holder of some sort.

Comment

Might I recommend red LEDs. They don't kill your night vision.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
        Might I recommend red LEDs. They don't kill your night vision.
        link?

Comment

http://www.flashflight.com/

That place has some good lights, never bought from them but they look like they have a nice selection.
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
            http://www.flashflight.com/

That place has some good lights, never bought from them but they look like they have a nice selection.

Thanks sillyb,

Yeah, I've purchased these lights (hole in one) from flashlight.com before. However, I do not see any red leds on their site. I would like to get my hands on some red lights, but I have not been able to find any. I thought maybe ol' B had a suggestion where to find em?

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
              What kind of set up is that? I looks like the LED is in a holder of some sort.

http://www.flashflight.com/holeinone/index.shtml

Comment

red leds at Radio Shack
                educate your thinking

Comment

Thanks for the link, I think I saw those once on the Innova rack at Sports Authority but didn't get one and couldn't find them again. What I do now is go to Radio Shack like Jman suggested. You can get LED's for less than $2 for one but also 2 for $3. Just tape the legs of the LED around a watch battery and tape that to the bottom of the disc with clear duct tape. Get red LED's or if you have champion glow you can get UV LED's to tape on and your night vision is much better off than those bright white lights.

Comment

I actually was able to solder wires and LEDs to a 2032 battery. I did it quickly and blew on the battery to cool it fast when the soldering of each step was done. I've done two that way with three LEDs and so far, no battery explosions. I just twist two wires together and tape over them when I want to light it up.

Comment

I bought an assorted pack of LEDs in different sizes and colors from RS. I found the red are the easiest to spot and see while flying. The smallest LEDs were slightly harder to track than the next size up from smallest.

The fishing lure type that click on and off seem to stay attached better for me than the watch battery type esp in wet conditions. Bought it at the now defunct Joe's.
                      "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

I get my LEDs direct from Hong Kong on eBay - they are much cheaper, but you need to buy a large quantity to get a good value to offset the shipping cost.

I like the Frosted LEDs, they diffuse light in all directions. I don;t mind the bright white ones, they are a bit annoying in you hand, but I love the way they light up the fairway while in flight, and they are easier to find than any disc in the daytime!

Also, you can order coin cell batteries on line and get them for much less than the $4 to $5 they cost in stores.
                        Last edited by TreeLove; August 7th, 2009, 02:48 PM.
                        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I hate having someone else's whites blind me. I'm always shading my eyes to save my ordinarily good night vision. I try to stand behind the player who is away, and there they are, waving their white light around in front of me so I can go on blinded after their shot. They won't have the same problem following me since I use red. I avoid flashlights at all times outside if I possibly can. I wish they sold red LED flashlights.

Comment

LED Flashlights

I bought my LED Flashlights at Walmart, they came with various lens covers, so you can have yellow, blue or red - it was about $7.99
                            ccovington4169@aol.com

Comment

Are we allowed to boo Wal-Mart in here?? BOOOOO
                              Boys! Boys! Nobody owns Cory and Trevor. -Bubbles

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X