X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidearm discs?

i Throw mostly rhfh throws and throw about 300' with my champ beast and slightly less than that with my z nuke ss what can i get that has less fade, more turn, and more glide than my beast

Avenger SS will give you plenty of turn. XL will give you plenty of glide (especially a domey one). A backhand will give you that right to left shot you've been wanting.
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

Comment

When I first started (and it sounds like you've been playing for a bit) I loved throwing an Eagle sidearm. They are very predictable have decent turn but are pretty darn straight and stay in the air really well! I now throw predominantly backhand and love my TeeBirds for the same reason. It's always okay to sacrifice a little bit of distance for accuracy.

Comment

I've been considering a star tern, thoughts?

Comment

Have you tried a Tee-rex or an excalibur?

Comment

ive been flicking with great success for a couple years, first with a valkyrie, then with mostly archons for a long time, recently branched out to test new things and ive found that monarch gives a great straight line, also surge ss. archon is still my go to for finesse flicks, big long bombs are recently now the Surge.

Comment

nope i'm pretty new all i have in my bag are the discs i already said(my drivers) an epic(thumber/tomohawk), a champ roc3, a proton ion, and a few ace race discs from last year that don't get used very much

Comment

I would listen to Ronthewhip (Dion Arlyn). 1000+ rated, distance champion, overall great player. But he is Discraft sponsored so you won't hear his favorite choice from the other companies. For a Forehand with my throw, personally I like:

Innova: Overstable - Destroyer, Firebird. Understable - Wraith, Eagle L, TeeBird

Latitude64: Overstable - Trident, XXX, Stiletto. Understable - Striker, Saint, River

Discraft: Overstable - Nuke OS, Predator. Understable - Surge SS, Avenger SS,

We are all different, and each person prefers different discs. But if I was only given one disc I would choose for forehand/Backhand/Thumber a 175 Star or Champion Firebird. Most high rated players would want you to learn to throw a medium to understable disc to get the correct technique ingrained in your muscle memory 1st. The only way to know what you like is to buy a few and spend hours in the field figuring it out. Just make sure to get a lesson online or in person from a high rated player (950-1000) to guide you on the correct form. Best way to find that person is join a league and get around them. Btw, Dion has a few videos on Discraft's website too..
                PDGA# 49616
                Stumptown# 353
                OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

great! thanks for the advice

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X