X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    for innova, i would have to say the monarch, i threw it , still do throw it for fun, but it just dosent seem to do what it was hyped to do consistently...

I'd felt similarly about the Monarch before, but from a couple recommendations from friends, I got one of the CFR Star Monarchs with some scrip at the Fernburner. The champ Monarch I found to really fly when you threw it just right, but it was really touchy--either ended up too stable or not enough. The star, for whatever reason, seems to perform much more consistently. I was throwing it yesterday a bunch, and the issue I kept having was that I kept throwing it too long and too straight.

As for the worst discs by the big 2...hmm. I never really liked the Skeeter, though it's probably not a bad beginner disc. And though I've never thrown a Spectra, I'm not sure if I've ever heard anyone say a positive thing about them. The Buzzz GT is pretty worthless too, IMO.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I love my Champ Monarch for its predictable turnover. I never thought of it as a distance disc, but one day with a hard left to right crosswind on one, I hyzered it just a bit and damn near got the skip ace. I never get a drive to the hole on one, like old Tim there.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I think for me it's the groove and the Monarch for Innova, I just have never figured out how to throw either one consistantly after many trips in the field.

For Discraft the Banger GT ... now that I think about it I just don't like the top of this disc and I don't like the "groove" of the Groove and Monarch from Innova.

I like simple discs, no wierd thumb grips or the turbo putt with the swirl garbage, You know why not just throw with a Teebird or an Avenger? A good old fashioned disc that works how it's supposed too. A Valkyrie never needed any of this crap to set a world record...
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

the "Dimple".... Hands down..

So hard that it would break if you hit ANYTHING at a high speed......

So understable that it was nearly impossible to throw with any kind of accuracy......

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            Is it true that the Double-D floats? I heard once that they all did, then read somewhere else that they only floated in light weights, and I couldn't find any light weights.
            Light weight Double D's are rare, but they are out there.
            And I've never ever seen 'em sink, but with all the new plastics nowadays, I never say never no more or less.
            Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

For Discraft, I would say any of the putters and the Buzz. What a crappy disc. If I wanted a Buzz, I would just get a Roc.

For Innova, I would have to say the Birdie just because it seems more like a caricature of a disc than a real disc.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                the "Dimple".... Hands down..

So hard that it would break if you hit ANYTHING at a high speed......

So understable that it was nearly impossible to throw with any kind of accuracy......

I assume you're talking about the Destiny/Dynamic Discs Dimple? Those may be crap, but also OOP, so can't be included here. (See Scott making me aware of that little detail earlier in this thread )

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  If I wanted a Buzz, I would just get a Roc and beat it in for a couple years.
                  Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
                    As far as overrated Innova discs go, its gotta be the Roc. Bleh.
                    You can't just say "Bleh" and leave it at that. Explain yourself, man! Why do you think the Roc is over-rated?

I've got two that I throw regularly. A DX/Glow that is beat to Sh**. It flies very straight for a predictable distance. If I throw it anny, it annies. If I throw it hyzer, it hyzers. The other one is a KC Pro Roc. Predictably stable, I know exactly how far it is going to go and when it is going to fade. In other words, it they do exactly what I tell them to. What more do you want from a disc? A happy ending?

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
                      I'll second that...one throw with my R-Pro Boss and it was garbage after hitting some rocks. The throw itself was kinda garbage too.
                      Perhaps, but there is no question about its ability to fly really high.
                      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Quest does have bad discs, a slightly higher 'bad to good ratio' than other companies, but they also are not afraid to experiment and try things that other companies are too afraid to do. Because of it, they've come out with some of my favorite discs, the T-Bone (dimple tech), the Double D (dimple tech - wider wing than a Boss), the Raging Inferno (a beat in one is a beaut), the Raging Inferno DT version, and the Backbone midrange (rounded edges).

They experiment with their plastic too, and they've come out with some very nice mixes. And since they're less expensive you get more bang for your buck.

With all that said, I agree with the people who say the worst disc in production is "The Wheel".

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          You can't just say "Bleh" and leave it at that. Explain yourself, man! Why do you think the Roc is over-rated?

I've got two that I throw regularly. A DX/Glow that is beat to Sh**. It flies very straight for a predictable distance. If I throw it anny, it annies. If I throw it hyzer, it hyzers. The other one is a KC Pro Roc. Predictably stable, I know exactly how far it is going to go and when it is going to fade. In other words, it they do exactly what I tell them to. What more do you want from a disc? A happy ending?
                          Ok. I do not like the feel of the Rocs that I have thrown. Maybe it was because it was a rare San Antonio Roc. Or maybe it was the Ranco Relaxo Roc. Or maybe it was the one Roc that was done on the 32nd of Smarch, at night, and was dark, dark, dark, dark, dark, REALLY dark blue. I just don't remember.

Or, I don't like the way they feel or fly for me. And, the comment was partially made to poke the (Sam) bear. Which, I would like to point out, worked. Though Tim did accurately amend Sam's statement.
                          TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
                            And, the comment was partially made to poke the (Sam) bear.
                            In that case, I have no problem with your statement.

Comment

Dog-pile on SAM! Pants him and push him out the door.
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I am slightly saddened by the fact someone brought up the Xcalibur as an overrated disc. What didn't you like about it? To overstable? Have problems controlling it? Next to a Teebird I would place this is one of the most consistent disc in my bag. (I do have 2 champ and one eco in it)

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X