X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GettinBetter View Post
    I just never saw the point of groove on the "Groove" and "Monarch".
    If I have to venture a guess, I believe that the "groove" on the edge of these discs is modeled after a supercritical airfoil, which provides airplanes with much greater wing performance, less drag, and greater stability at high speeds.

"The Wheel" is obviously the worst disc in production. At least the discs that other people are mentioning here could be of use to someone. They may not work well, or they might work much like other discs, but at least they have some semblance of working. "The Wheel" is a novelty that is only bought because it looks funny--the thing doesn't even come close to doing what it is supposed to do, and can't be used for any other type of shot. "The Wheel" is to disc golf what "ball in a cup" is to children's toys.
    TROJAN NATION #22: Sweet Baby Jesus and the Orphans

Comment

Originally posted by GettinBetter View Post
      My vote is for the Monarch, although I agree Aerobie, Lightning, and 10M brick are junk.

I just never saw the point of groove on the "Groove" and "Monarch".

Just get a Roadrunner and a Wraith.
      I don't think the Groove and Monarch are the worst discs ever but yeah get a Roadrunner and a wraith instead.
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

"The Wheel" or the "Turbo Putter." It's a toss up. Does that company make any non-gimmick discs?
        sigpic

Comment

the aerobie "epic" is a very strange disc and i would say it is one of the worst that i have thrown, yet i have seen other people throw it well. if anyone ever sees any of these, they should take the chance to throw it once or twice. its flight path will blow your mind

Comment

I vote for the epic, its the one disc i can't get out of my head for "odd-ball"... Found one a few years back when I was a mere newb. I was always confused why the heck anyone would throw this, let alone make it...

Comment

Epic's are fun, you are high! I did launch a coulple 450+ thumbers with them back when I actually played around with them. Reliable? Not so much but they did serve a purpose and did perform.

Comment

I would have to say the polecat. Maybe I did not like it because it only weighed 145. I can't handle any wind, can't throw it more than 30 feet, and it's too floppy.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9SSP...eature=related

Comment

I would have to say the 10M brick is about as worthless a piece of junk as you will ever have the displeasure of using. But I also found a couple Wham-O disc golf discs and they sucked super bad also. The difference is they Wham-O discs were standard driver type discs and I think they were trying not to suck. Which makes it even more pathetic.

As far as quest discs go ..

I have a Scorcher and they go pretty well. I putt with a Quest odyssey and I have a T-bone I am testing out. I used to have a raging inferno ultralight and it was more overstable than any disc I had ever seen. I lost it. Some Quest discs are actually good discs. The DOuble D is a good disc also.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                    Some Quest discs are actually good discs. The DOuble D is a good disc also.
                    Is it true that the Double-D floats? I heard once that they all did, then read somewhere else that they only floated in light weights, and I couldn't find any light weights.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Worst disc compared to the hype it created prerelease has to be the quarter k. I was so excited about this disc when it was being promoted and tested. Nothing but praise was said about the disc and when I bought one it was awesome for the first 5 throws. Then it was crap, hyzer flip roll, uncontrolable for sure. Maybe not the worst disc in production but the worst disc for living up to expectations.
                      Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

i vote for the epic also. i have thrown it a few times and i never knew what it was going to do while in the air.

Comment

OK - lots of votes for the Epic, Quarter K, and anything by Lightning or Quest. But I'd love to hear what people think the worst Discraft and Innova discs are ("None of them" and "all of them" are not acceptable answers).

If that's too hard, perhaps we could rephrase the question to "What is the most over-rated disc by Innova or Discraft?".

Comment

for innova, i would have to say the monarch, i threw it , still do throw it for fun, but it just dosent seem to do what it was hyped to do consistently...

Comment

For Innova, I think the Groove and Xcalibur are two discs that didn't live up to their hype. As far as overrated Innova discs go, its gotta be the Roc. Bleh.

As far as Discraft goes, the Challenger is overrated. In fact, though I like a number of Discraft drivers and mid-ranges, I have never found a putter of theirs that I like. Regarding an over-hyped for Discraft, I did not find the Force to live up to its hype.

The Monarch still holds a spot in my bag, though I am finding I can get a flight similar to it with a lighter Avenger SS.
                              TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
                                Here's some flamebait - those quarter K's kinda sucked as soon as you hit something with them - including the ground, flat. I have a very similar opinion of the R-Pro plastic - flies long, but like DX and Pro plastic it works in so fast that after a few rounds in heat like this, whee, you've got (yet another) roller disc!
                                I'll second that...one throw with my R-Pro Boss and it was garbage after hitting some rocks. The throw itself was kinda garbage too.
                                Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X