X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gazelle replacement?

Since they've discontinued my favorite workhorse disc, I was curious if anyone has any good replacement suggestions?

I've heard the Cyclone is pretty similar, but I'm not sure what plastic to try it out in...

RIP Gazelle....
    Always looking for 11x KC Gazelles

why give up the gazelle, there are plenty of them around, i just picked up a champ gazelle for my fiance, she likes it...

Comment

They still make DX Gazelles, I think. The rest of those Gazelles are crap, though, so if you send all of your KC Pro Gazelles directly to me, I will make sure that they are properly disposed of by throwing them straight from the tee directly into the basket.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

DX Gazelles are no longer made. I won't go so far as to say the champ Gazelles are bad discs, but they don't fly like their DX counterparts. The Gazelle was a mold that was designed around the DX plastics available at the time, and when the same mold was used with premium plastic, the flight changed (way more overstable). I'd been hoping for years to see a Star Gazelle being made...and hopefully flying like I'd known the DX ones to fly, it never came about though.

The Cyclone has been roughly equivalent to the Gazelle, yeah, but Discraft's Pro D plastic kinda blows (or has in the past, at least), and the Z Cyclone didn't perform like the D or Tourney Pro versions from back in the day. They recently started making Cyclones in ESP, I got one, and it's money. Flies similar to a DX Gazelle, it's in durable plastic, and in regular production.

If you're sticking to Innova though, probably your best bet would be a Star or Champ Leopard...those also got a more stability with the introduction of premium plastics, though I haven't found either to be quite as sweet as a DX Gazelle, or ESP Cyclone, for that matter.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Yes... please... any and all of those crappy KC Pro Gazelles. Go ahead and send them my way and I will dispose of them for you.

P.S. Don't tell Hagerty.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Send them to sam? He just said he will "dispose" of them, how horrible! I, on the other hand, will give them each special attention, love, and make sure they are treated well...
            Yes, the dx and champ versions of the gazelle are quite different but give it a shot if you liked the feel/grip contour. Wouldn't know anything about the cyclone..

Comment

Dispose. Yeah... they go in my bag and then have to come right out because they get all of these crazy signatures on the back. Totally disposed of.
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I would like to offer my services for KC Pro Gazelle disposal.

Especially those yukky 10x ones.

Comment

What was that? It... it... sounded like a horn. And now I hear the thundering of hooves. Off... in the distance... I see... 1, 2, 3, 4.... 4 horsemen approaching.

Scott and I have found something we agree on. *faints*
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Heavier Champ Leopards are surprisingly overstable; one o' those might work.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      What was that? It... it... sounded like a horn. And now I hear the thundering of hooves. Off... in the distance... I see... 1, 2, 3, 4.... 4 horsemen approaching.

Scott and I have found something we agree on. *faints*

Loved it! I acutally laughed out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        I see... 1, 2, 3, 4.... 4 horsemen approaching.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Try a 9X, and then you'll wonder what all the fuss about 10X and 11X was ever about.
                          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

11X KC PRO Gazelles are the bomb. I still have a few in stock (Sam and other interested parties can contact me if you'd like), and there really isn't a disc quite like it. The DX Gazelle is alright in my opnion, but different throwers have different preferences I suppose. I have yet to throw an ESP Cyclone extensively, they feel great but dont seem as stable as the PRO G to me. My advice is to upgrade to a star or champ teebird, slightly faster but if you find a flat top one, then the feel and flight is very similar. On the discraft side of things, the new Stalker is very similar in flight and feel. Very similar. Otherwise a Z reaper might work as well. Hope that helps
                            Team DISCRAFT
                            NW Sign Up
                            Gorilla Boy
                            Paragon Disc Golf
                            Odwalla

Comment

I have lots of Gazelles, but never tried one.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X