X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with that free hand?

"Some disc golfers prefer to play with a beer in one hand and the disc in another."
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

what a uber dumbaxx letting that ever get into the press... for every step forward, some dumbaxx drags us back 2 steps...

Comment

The rest of the article was good, actually. Sad that the author opened with an idiot with a Bud Light in his hand.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
        The rest of the article was good, actually. Sad that the author opened with an idiot with a Bud Light in his hand.
        How could you tell its a Bud Light?

Comment

Really... I couldn't. But would someone classy enough to have their picture taken like that for a news article drink much better beer than that?
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I just want to head out there to learn how to throw 200 yards!
            TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Careful, Zipp, don't let the Bud Light getcha.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Please tell me I'm not the only one here who chuckles every time I read the subject line for this thread.... it's terrible that I'm a grown woman with the sense of humor of a 14 year old boy.

And, I believe I actually putt better with a beer in my left hand and my bag slung over my back. Ha!

Comment

I don't drink beer .. I don't stand a chance!

Comment

I played once with a chick from Corvallis area who never once threw without a cig in her mouth and a beer in her hand. She also played with both hands. For all of that, she was pretty damn good.
                    Sam you forgot to note the backwards glasses and puka shell necklace as evidence to his classiness.
                    Last edited by Celeste; July 15th, 2009, 12:40 PM. Reason: to mock douche bag

Comment

I don't understand why you guys are so hard on this article. A guy casually playing golf, drinking a beer, having FUN. It seems like a good thing to me. The article even goes on to talk about the positive effects of golf in parks.

It got me thinking about having a beer and playing some golf!
                      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                        I don't understand why you guys are so hard on this article. A guy casually playing golf, drinking a beer, having FUN. It seems like a good thing to me. The article even goes on to talk about the positive effects of golf in parks.

It got me thinking about having a beer and playing some golf!
                        Because a lot of people do a lot of hard work to remove stereotypes relating to our sport. A picture like this is worth more than a thousand words and single-handedly removes a lot of that hard work.

Why that picture?

Why not show a picture of a family playing? Or a guy (sans beer) and his two kids? Or Over the Hill Bob?

Comment

You'd be hard pressed to find many pictures of casual golf that don't look alot like this one! What is so horrible about that picture, why do you think drinking beer ruins disc golf?(assuming no laws are being broken) In ball golf it is an accepted and catered to aspect of the sport, hence pretty girls in short skirts driving a beverage cart. Beer could very well be the "big" sponsor that everyone seems to be looking for!

Comment

If you are looking for a family picture playing golf?!?! Come to Yauger EVERY Wednesday night and you will see my 4 year old Tate and my wife Adrienne walking along with my doubles group.

BUT, like it or not, this picture represents pretty accurately the average disc golfer!

Comment

I have no problem with drinking beer.
                              I have no problem with drinking beer while playing disc golf.

I disagree with the statement that the picture depicts an average disc golfer.

Most golfers are not shirtless and conspicuously drinking beer. It's a vocal minority that is very conspicuous.

As a parent, I would not look at that picture and think of disc golf as a family appropriate activity.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X