Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, isn't it highly unlikely that a University's course even allows alcohol?
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

So its the fact he doesn't have a shirt on? The fact that he's throwing with a beer in his hand and not hiding it? I don't understand the issue? Do you take your kids disc golfing? For me and my family, on the golf course, Im more worried about the F-BOMBS going off when somebody has an errant shot, not the beer in somebody's hand, or the shirt or no shirt on their back.
      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Someone has to teach the kids to talk.

I remember the first time I heard my dad drop that bomb. I wondered who finally taught him to talk. Best to raise the kids in a 50 gal. drum so as to keep 'em pure.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Disc Golf has a wide variety of perspective on what is acceptable and what is not. However, in the fight to bring the sport to mainstream acceptance and encouraging parents to get their kids involved in the sport; comes sacrifice in clothing attire and behavior in public. Tournaments are much more strict than casual play; however to the public eye that is not educated on the differences might sterotype the sport and might actually be a parent of 10 kids or something... Unless you got ripped muscles and immaculate abs, keep the shirt on, a nice clean one at that. As for the beer, throwing with a beer in hand just gives out the message that it's too easy and actual focus and dedication to the throw are not needed... You can't play shirtless in ball golf nor can you hit a ball with a beer in your hand... until we have huge sponsors in our pockets, I would refrain from what could be misunderstood by the public eye.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
            You can't play shirtless in ball golf nor can you hit a ball with a beer in your hand...
            Hence, the beer helmet was invented.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
              You can't play shirtless in ball golf nor can you hit a ball with a beer in your hand...
              Reasons #1 and #2 that I play disc golf instead.

Comment

If alcohol is allowed on the course there is absolutely nothing wrong with openly drinking... or taking your shirt off.

Comment

The article was about the sport of disc golf. If I was going to write an article about skateboarding, would I pick a guy who couldn't even ollie up a curb and show him falling on a pine cone in the picture? No, I would pick someone who actually represented the sport and show them. i would interview an expert. I can say without a doubt this guy is not an expert. You can't successfully play disc golf with a spillable drink in your off hand. Can you have a lucky throw or two .. sure, but why not just pick out a good player who can represent the actual disc golfers and not the frisbee throwers who are just out to cruise the park. Nothing wrong with either, but the latter does not represent the sport and it is what was shown.

Comment

One of the opening quotes says the winner is the one who has the most fun. That there sums it up that they don't care about "actual disc golfers" as you put it. The latter (frisbee throwers who cruise the park) do represent the sport or everyone here wouldn't be getting their panties in a bunch over a pic of a dude throwing with a beer in his hand. The majority of people who play do not care to be the best in the world or care to have big sponsors in tournaments, they play to have fun.

Comment

To each his own I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Susie Sunshine View Post
                        Please tell me I'm not the only one here who chuckles every time I read the subject line for this thread.... it's terrible that I'm a grown woman with the sense of humor of a 14 year old boy.

And, I believe I actually putt better with a beer in my left hand and my bag slung over my back. Ha!

no you are not..the very first time i saw this i thought it would be moved right away into the "controversial" section....

but alas it did not go that way....

i would like 1 of those 2 hours then throw 200 yards lessons though..

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

There is no such thing as bad press! If it exsposure your looking for, you got it! This is a whole page write up about disc golf and its POSITIVE effects. They must be doing something right, the city and parks must take them pretty seriously to have seven courses in the area and two more on the way. And they really must be doing something right to get an article that size. I've tried getting a story on disc golf in the Olympian. I talked for 30 minutes with a reporter telling him how our course is player funded and maintained, zero out of pocket cost to the parks or city. I told him about the local businesses that are now selling plastic.The write up we got was two sentences saying the course was open. Take the press we get...we don't get much!
                          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Can't we get back to the what the title of this thread is asking us? What to do with that free hand?

I know a lot of people that hold their towels. Others that just let their free hand float around throwing off their balance.

Personally, I carry a Nintendo PSP with me that has Pocket Pool loaded on it. Nothing kills more time during those long ass rounds of 5 person groups in a tournament than a couple rounds of pocket pool.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                              Personally, I carry a Nintendo PSP with me that has Pocket Pool loaded on it. Nothing kills more time during those long ass rounds of 5 person groups in a tournament than a couple rounds of pocket pool.

I did this for a while too, but found I was having troubles with my eyesight, so had to give it up.
                              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X