X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disc golf swap meet at RCO

New idea for me, but wondering if people would be interested in trading new, slighty used, and used plastic before/after rose city open at pier????

I would have NO problem with this at all! I have much barely thrown plastic that could use a new home...
    TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

This is a great idea which just needs a leader to implement. I have hundreds of used discs to swap. I just don't have time to organize the swap meet.
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

What would the leader of this swap meet do? Just announce that people should bring their used plastic to Pier before the awards ceremony so that discs can be traded amongst those that choose to bring their spare plastic?
        TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

There is also going to be a swap at the Chick Flick so if you have any lower weight plastic that is a good place to trade it.

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
            What would the leader of this swap meet do?
            Lead. Any good event requires direction. Otherwise, all you have is chaos.
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Let's do this - right before awards on Sunday. Love it and will bring out a bunch of new/used plastic that is just collecting dust.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Gawain, I'm not trying to be obtuse, but what direction is needed? If we get together somewhere *near* where the awards will be held, and have our used plastic in tow, I can't figure out what else would need to be done. If I am missing something, please let me know. Otherwise, I figure just the congregation would happen.

Comment

This is a great idea I have some plastic I was going to trade in but would love some good swap meet style who has the old chevy parts and some good corn dogs

Comment

Gawain, I'm not trying to be obtuse, but what direction is needed? If we get together somewhere *near* where the awards will be held, and have our used plastic in tow, I can't figure out what else would need to be done. If I am missing something, please let me know. Otherwise, I figure just the congregation would happen.
                    I think what he means is someone to take the reigns, make an announcement before the last round so that people will remember and also announce that the swap will be starting now over at that picnic table over there. He wasn't saying that there is a lot of direction needed just someone to be a vocal about the event.
                    PDGA #25296
                    Stumptown #34

Comment

If there is one thing I can do well, its be LOUD. I guess that would make me the leader of this thing? This might be regretted by some....

Comment

If there is one thing I can do well, its be LOUD. I guess that would make me the leader of this thing? This might be regretted by some....
                        ...like me! Just don't trade away anything I might want to throw.

Comment

I am always looking for another Rogue.
                          PDGA 38153
                          STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

rogues?

Originally posted by topdawgy58 View Post
                            I am always looking for another Rogue.
                            I have two, new, blue, mid to heavy weight rogues...but I would rather sell them...

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post
                              I have two, new, blue, mid to heavy weight rogues...but I would rather sell them...
                              I don't know I have some pretty sweet Blue Discs that you might want!
                              PDGA #25296
                              Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X