Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jk pro valk

hello all,
    i found a jk pro valk on my home corse (in iowa) and there was a name on the back and i did some asking around to see if anyone knew him but noone did. but anyways how dose the valk throw? it is a 150 class. i have never thrown them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9SSP...eature=related

The Valkyrie is a meat and potatoes driver.
    Everyone should have at least one in thier bag.
    It has a very solid and predictable flight, with lots of glide and a soft fade.
    Domey ones are less stable and tend to fly more of an "S" shaped flight, flat tops are much harder to flip, and fly really straight.
    It's hard to have a bad round of golf if you only drive with a Valk.

Comment

It really depends on you and how you throw. Forehand or backhand? Lots or little power?

Individual results will vary. The best advice is to take the disc to a course and see what you can do with it.

Comment

well i throw most of my shots backhand. forhand only to get out of troble. and i over shoot most holes on my drive....i just took it out in a field and threw it a cople times. it is ehh. i reeeeally dont like understable plastic. i might sell it. how much would someone pay for it?
        a few scuffs and a name on the back, 150 class, jk pro plastic, and it is a idye.

Comment

Originally posted by disc_thrower View Post
          well i throw most of my shots backhand. forhand only to get out of troble. and i over shoot most holes on my drive....i just took it out in a field and threw it a cople times. it is ehh. i reeeeally dont like understable plastic. i might sell it. how much would someone pay for it?
          a few scuffs and a name on the back, 150 class, jk pro plastic, and it is a idye.
          Probably about five bucks. I'd recommend keeping it. Stash it away along with other discs you don't throw well or often. Take them out every few months and try again. As you devolop new shots you'll find uses for old junk that you thought you couldn't throw. It's also nice to have plenty of extras on hand that you can loan to friends who are new to the sport.

Comment

That's usually what I do, too. Sometimes I take the discs I find (when the prior owner says to keep them) and donate them. There is a church with a course not too far from where I live. So when I go down there, I take the found plastic with me to donate.

As far as that 150g Valk goes, it would probably work well in the hands of a female or younger thrower...
            TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Yup, we can't keep the 150 Valks in the loaner box. They are great for beginners and so, are quick to go down the canyon, or into the "disc-be-gone."
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                or into the "disc-be-gone."
                Hehe - thanks for the venacular lesson. That's Matthew's new favorite phrase.

Comment

Wish I could remember the name of the golfer I heard say it first. He should be credited.
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I use my 150 valk on hard turn over shots like hole 2 at pier and also on hole 9 when it is on the right position. I can get it far out there before it starts turning but it turns hard at just the right spot for me.

Comment

Well. Shes gone now. Took a drink. Turned her over and dived right into the river by my course. It's not too big of a loss.
                      Last edited by Iowa; July 7th, 2009, 02:46 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by disc_thrower View Post
                        Well. Shes gone now. Took a drink. Turned her over and dived right into the river by my course. It's not too big of a loss.
                        Problem solved!

Comment

Yeah you could say that. BUt now my bag looks depressingly empty. Down to 8 discs. Gonna have to go shopping!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X