X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Discraft - Stalker and Ringer

Two new discs debuted at the Fort Steilly Open this weekend thanks to the efforts of Scott Papa and the guys from Discraft. The Stalker, a smooth flying fairway driver and the Ringer, an overstable low profile putter. Both of these discs are pretty rad and players got to test drive them as well as many other molds at the Discraft booth at lunch on Saturday. Great Times!

Stalker: fast and easy to control. Very similar to a TL or a stable Leopard. Availble in Z plastic and very cappable of hitting the high 300s without much effort. Smooth this disc for shots too far for a midrange and too short for a high speed driver. Its the disc I've been waiting for for a long time now from any manufacturer, and Discraft nails it!

Ringer: low profile putter similar to the Classic Roc or an XD. I was a big fan of the Classic Roc and was excited to see this disc come into existence. It as a slightly shallower grip but delivers in terms of stability and speed. Great for short drives and low ceiling approaches. Available in Pro-D.

Thanks Discraft!
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

That new Stalker is perfect. I got a prototype off of eBay a couple of weeks ago, and it quickly earned a spot in my bag. I was looking for something that would get me distance between a Buzzz and an Avenger SS. This works perfectly for me. Awesome disc! Now, will it be available around 160g so I can get one for my beloved?
    TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Awesome!! I am looking forward to give them a try!! I was looking for something between Avenger SS and Buzzz so sound like Stalker is right one.
      Last edited by Nichola; July 6th, 2009, 05:57 AM. Reason: misspelled
      PDGA 38506
      ODDGA 27
      DDGA 176
      2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

How is the Stalker different from the Striker? A little less stable?
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

So, is the stalker just a re-tool of the DGA Aftershock?
          educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
            So, is the stalker just a re-tool of the DGA Aftershock?
            no, i threw both this past weekend. the Stalker is much more like a fairway driver than a midrange. it is more like a retooled XL.
            Team HOSER:dancing:
            Team OLY:cheerleader:
            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              How is the Stalker different from the Striker? A little less stable?
              whats a striker?
              Team DISCRAFT
              NW Sign Up
              Gorilla Boy
              Paragon Disc Golf
              Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                whats a striker?
                Latitude 64's latest "control driver."
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

it would make sense that if innova is going after the big arm market, that the competition would go after the control market... keep up the reviews, will look into getting whatever gets best reviews...

Comment

Blake T. described the Striker as a "Tee Bird on coke." I've thrown Chuck's a couple times, and that seems like a good description, fast and straight, with a reliable fade at the end.

I'm interested in checking out the Stalker, though I wonder how if it'd overlap on the new ESP Cyclone.

In sort of related news, it looks like Innova has plans for making several more speed 13, overstable drivers. Whoopdee-flippin-do.
                    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X