X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play it again Sports in Salem, Stocked up

They used to carry around 500 discs. They recently revamped the disc section and now it takes up almost the whole south wall of the store. supposedly carrying over 2000 discs now. I went in yesterday at lunch when the UPS guy showed up. Things were looking good to say the least.

Originally posted by RallySoob View Post
    They used to carry around 500 discs. They recently revamped the disc section and now it takes up almost the whole south wall of the store. supposedly carrying over 2000 discs now. I went in yesterday at lunch when the UPS guy showed up. Things were looking good to say the least.
    Is that the one on Lancester (sp?)?

Bob

Comment

Lancaster, yes. It's on our "Vendors" page.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Slightly off topic. How is the selection at the Play It Again Sports in Beaverton? Is it as big as the selection in Salem.
        DGCR #4424

My Photography Link:
        http://www.modelmayhem.com/2162

Comment

Originally posted by danw2112 View Post
          Slightly off topic. How is the selection at the Play It Again Sports in Beaverton? Is it as big as the selection in Salem.
          Good question. I just visited the PIAS in NE Portland last week, and the selection was pretty thin, especially for non-Innova stuff. Just a handful of Discraft and Gateway discs.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            Good question. I just visited the PIAS in NE Portland last week, and the selection was pretty thin, especially for non-Innova stuff. Just a handful of Discraft and Gateway discs.
            I visited the PIAS in Corvallis last month and they did not have a very big selection.
            Maybe I'm just spoiled by the Salem store, I live about 15 minutes from there. They are the only place to go in Salem since G I Joe's closed.

Comment

Originally posted by danw2112 View Post
              No, it is not as big. I am working on it, but we are barely starting to climb out of the retail hole that was Jan through march. As of right now, we only have innova but I have contacted discraft and they have not gotten back to me yet. The discs i have been ordering has sold well, and I think that the owner is about to give me free reign on ordering more. We will see, but if you need anything specific let me know.

Tim Price
              Play it Again Sports

Comment

Sweet I'm just down the road! How is their used disc selection?

Comment

Originally posted by Vector_2008 View Post
                  I visited the PIAS in Corvallis last month and they did not have a very big selection.
                  Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the best selection in Corvallis is at the co-op just south of downtown.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the best selection in Corvallis is at the co-op just south of downtown.
                    Don't know. Never been there. All my lost discs have been turned into PIAS, so I go there to get them before playing.

Comment

Your lost discs have been turned into PIAS or sold to PIAS? I didn't know they have a lost and found for local courses...

Comment

Corvallis Retailers

First Alternative Co-op (South) has a fantastic selection of discs (Innova) right now. They have been a great supporter of disc golf, the WDGC and the Willamette Open. They also have a well run found disc service.

Play it Again in Corvallis is also a long time sponsor of the WDGC and our tournaments. They usually bring in a good selection of plastic to their store but do sell them faster than the Co-op. So it can be more hit and miss. Unfortunately their selection has been weaker than normal this spring.

Peak Sports (Downtown) also had a decent selection of Innova discs last time I checked.

Also Lewisburg store (99W) on the way to Adair has just started carrying discs. I need to stop in and check out their first shipment...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Pittman View Post
                          Peak Sports (Downtown) also had a decent selection of Innova discs last time I checked.
                          Is it only Innova? I'll gather up the details and add them to the Vendors page.

Also Lewisburg store (99W) on the way to Adair has just started carrying discs. I need to stop in and check out their first shipment...
                          After you scope it out, post in the Vendors thread here and let us know the details (address, actual name of the place, etc.) so we can get that added too.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X