Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly understable midrange??

Hey all,

I am looking for a midrange that is understable, but not so understable that it just turns over straight out of my hand. I am looking for a Discraft or possibly DGA disc. From what i read it seems like a meteor might fit the bill, but i wanted to get other peoples opinions.

I want a disc straight of the shelf that i can throw flat and have it go out for 200-300 ft with a slight anhyzer line to it without me having to put anhyzer on the disc any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Team HOSER:dancing:
    Team OLY:cheerleader:
    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

If you want Discraft, you would do well with a Meteor. The Comet might also work for you as well, but it is slightly less understable than the Meteor. When you can find one, a Buzzz SS isn't bad, either. I traded out the Meteor in my bag for the Buzzz SS. Good luck!

~Z
    TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

You clearly need a Jeff Larson Signature Breeze!

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
      Hey all,

I am looking for a midrange that is understable, but not so understable that it just turns over straight out of my hand. I am looking for a Discraft or possibly DGA disc. From what i read it seems like a meteor might fit the bill, but i wanted to get other peoples opinions.

I want a disc straight of the shelf that i can throw flat and have it go out for 200-300 ft with a slight anhyzer line to it without me having to put anhyzer on the disc any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Bullseye; June 3rd, 2009, 08:05 AM.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        That's what I would say...
        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Roc. Roc. Roc.

But have fun with your non-Roc.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The Breeze has been discontinued, which might be a problem.

Zippy, I think the Comet might actually be more understable than the Meteor -- although it might depend on weight, plastic, etc. X-Comets are more understable than ESP or Z. The Comet has a surreal amount of glide, and it requires butter-smooth form to really make it do what it's supposed to. But either the Comet or the Meteor would be a good choice.

I'll throw in one other nomination: the Pro-D Buzzz. Sure, it'll take a little breaking-in to make it understable, but I swear to god I beat mine to flippy in a single day, simply by intentionally throwing it at a tree on each of the 18 holes at Pier Park.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
              I'm starting to have some success with the Larson Special. Nice disc. Not sure if I would classify it as "slightly understable". I have a pretty weak arm (RHBH) and I can flip it pretty easy.

Comment

A beat up Z buzzz in the 160's will work so beautifully for those must turn late in the throw and not so early... A meteor is a close 2nd...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Roc. Roc. Roc.

But have fun with your non-Roc.
                  hehe, true, a roc could fill that role, but it'd have to be seriously worked in. And the only person I could see willingly getting rid of one of those would be a double amputee.

It's probably not as flippy as you're looking for, Orion, but I've got much love for the Impact. Quite possibly the most versatile disc in my bag. I've heard good things about the Comet and Meteor, but haven't thrown either of 'em.
                  Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    It's probably not as flippy as you're looking for, Orion, but I've got much love for the Impact.
                    I was going to mention the Impact, but it's really more of a fairway driver; it probably won't flip on throws under 200'.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

It might be too understable for what you're looking for but if you want something that's understable right off the shelf, you could give the stratus a try. I love the feel on the rim and it holds flipped lines very well.

I personally use a beat in Supercolor ESP Buzz for turnover approaches but it takes a fair amount of beat before it gets very flippy.
                      PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                      dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

I think what Tyvek is looking for is a disc that fits his specs straight off the shelf. I'm pretty sure he's not looking for people's recommendations for a disc that needs to beat into the required flight path. I could be wrong, of course, so keep the I-love-my-10-year-old-money-disc stories a-comin'! They never get old!
                        The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

my vote for understable midrange is......(drumroll)...

Go get a Glide.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                            hehe, true, a roc could fill that role, but it'd have to be seriously worked in. And the only person I could see willingly getting rid of one of those would be a double amputee.
                            KC Pro Rocs beat in very quickly but even if not they are still a disc that you can turn over for short distances. And, if not, throw it into a tree a lot. Worked for me pretty quickly.
                            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post
                              Go get a Glide.
                              Great disc, but slightly understable?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X