Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more suggestions? No more suggestions? I can't think of anything else you could have posted to prompt MORE suggestions!

"Try a really beat DX Gator!"
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I would vote for the Comet. The only issue with the Comet is that it's one of the more difficult discs to master, which seems quite counter-intuitive, but I believe it to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
          Thanks to everybody that has given me input so far.

KC pro roc's are the reason that I switched from Innova to Discraft, so it stands to reason that i wont be picking up any rocs to fill this need.

ChUck was right that i am looking for a disc that i dont have to break in. i have been trying to get my Z buzzz broken in enough to fly as i described in my first post, but then yesterday i got to thinking "if i lose this disc then i will have to break in a new disc and that could take some time!" i want a disc that if i lose it, i can go buy another one and dont have to worry about breaking it in so it will fly like i want it to.

i have never tried a breeze, but it sounds sort of popular. but if it is not being manufactured anymore that could be a problem in the long run.

the stratus is way to understable, i got one of these when i signed up for the PDGA.

i never even heard of a glide, i will have to check that out.

so it looks like i will have to go track down an impact, meteor, comet, and a breeze.

thanks again!
          Try a lighter weight X Buzzzzzzzz. Slightly over stable with little fade at the end. A truly wonderful disc. I have one that is 166 and I could flip it immediately with no break in period.

Comment

If you like the feel of the Z Buzz I'll put forth the suggestion of supercolor ESP buzzes, I love the flat top feel and with just a little beat they get understable, but because it's a Buzz I find once I flip it to the right it just holds that line forever. It's also nice if you already throw a Z Buzz because then you can have the same mold for two different shots, I carry two 179 Z Buzzes for overstable shots and two 174 Oregon State championship ESP Buzzes for understable, I know they can be a bit expensive sometimes, but if you can find a good source I'd recommend it strongly.
            PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
            dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Out of the box, slightly understable. How about an Xpress or Status? Am I the only one who throws these? That'd be my suggestion.

Comment

Got a full color 2009 deaf nationals of obama and abraham lincoln signing on a esp buzzz on the way heh, ordered it off springfield dg website. I already throw a 168g z buzzz for those awesome long slow turn overs, esp flx buzzz for the line you want in the woods-do anything, and cryztal buzzz for those super straight with a fade.... BUZZZZZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Smith View Post
                  Out of the box, slightly understable. How about an Xpress or Status? Am I the only one who throws these? That'd be my suggestion.
                  I throw both of them... but the Xpress is definitely not a midrange, and the Stratus is more than "slightly" understable.

For what it is, the Stratus is awesome; no other disc will turn right with so little effort.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
                    Just out of curiosity, why is that? If you can get your drives out to 400, the odds are pretty good that your most accurate throws inside at least 200 feet would be with a putter. If it's an issue off not banging up your putter, you could carry a "putting" putter and a "throwing" putter.
                    when i have my putter in my hand, my body sort of automatically knows to start up my putting routine. thats because of repitition of putting and i dont want to introduce any other body motions than my putting routine when i have a putter in my hand. it almost sounds silly, but that is my reason for not throwing my putters.

Originally posted by dan View Post
                    Again, just out of curiosity, why is that? If Innova made the disc closest to what you were looking for, why wouldn't you throw it?
                    Oh boy, I DO NOT want to start any arguments here, (i covered this in another thread somewhere) so i will give the shortest and hopefully least "rocking the boat" answer i can. After trying some Discraft discs, I found that I liked what Discraft had to offer as a Disc manufacturer more than Innova. Since that time i have slowly converted my bag to Discraft .and for the time being i only throw Discraft. I have never had any problems with their discs, so that keeps me happy. if you want more details on this please send me a PM.

you know what i just realized as i am reading through the posts???!! Papa hasnt chimed in on this! I thought that he was Mr. Discraft and would have some opinions on this.

Xpress- have one of these right now and i find it more like a t-bird than a midrange.

It is very encouraging to me to see all the responses that people have given me on this! thanks for your input and it deffinately gives me some direction for discs to try out.

Team HOSER:dancing:
                    Team OLY:cheerleader:
                    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

when i have my putter in my hand, my body sort of automatically knows to start up my putting routine. thats because of repitition of putting and i dont want to introduce any other body motions than my putting routine when i have a putter in my hand. it almost sounds silly, but that is my reason for not throwing my putters.
                      How about putting with one putter mold and throwing with another? For example, putt with a Soft Magnet and throw with a Challenger. Then your brain doesn't have to associate the throwing motion with your putter. I guarantee that learning to throw a putter will help you game.

Comment

Fifty percent of this game is half mental, eh?

I like my selection of FLX Buzzzes. What flips for me might flip too much for someone else. Let your experience be your adviser.
                        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                          How about putting with one putter mold and throwing with another? For example, putt with a Soft Magnet and throw with a Challenger. Then your brain doesn't have to associate the throwing motion with your putter. I guarantee that learning to throw a putter will help you game.
                          you know, i hadnt even thought of this. that is a good idea, but i have a question. what advantage would i have with using a putter as a approach disc instead of using a midrange disc?
                          Team HOSER:dancing:
                          Team OLY:cheerleader:
                          Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

what advantage would i have with using a putter as a approach disc instead of using a midrange disc?
                            Control.

One piece of advice I heard that makes a lot of sense to me - Change the disc, not the throw. Use the slowest disc you have that will still reach the target. That way, you still have to throw as if you were throwing a driver and you won't have to think about body mechanics, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                              I throw both of them... but the Xpress is definitely not a midrange, and the Stratus is more than "slightly" understable.

For what it is, the Stratus is awesome; no other disc will turn right with so little effort.
                              You're right, Adam. Xpress is a driver. The stratus I love, particularly because it suits my game (fairly weak arm, the disc does the work for you, and it's great out of the box).

Comment

Woohoo...okay, I have been fairly busy lately and missed this thread so sorry about that. As for that turnover midrange to long mid etc, the Meteor is probably going to be the disc I would suggest checking out. It has a very comfrotable rim and is great for holding that turnover line. The Comet is really built to be that straight throw but definitely turns for me when you give it the power. It does have a more old school style rim which throws some people off, but it is a great disc.

I carry the ESP Comet as opposed to the Meteor for the fact that I use it for a slow turn at high speeds. It was also my money straight disc before the Buzzz SS. This is now the straightest disc I have ever thrown and with such a low profile rim it is ungodly easy to control. A great compliment to the Buzzz.

Oh yeah, the great thing about any of these discs is that they fly this way out of the box, no extra salt or other seasoning needed. I like it when discs do what you want them to when you buy them rather than have to wreck their flight characteristics that they are molded with to make them throw the way you want. It seems like a pretty good idea to me!

Later!
                                Scott Papa
                                Team Discraft
                                Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X