• Time
  • Show
Clear All

whatever

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Great disc, but slightly understable?
    Hey, someone else mentioned a Breeze...

Comment

Sam, honestly? A KC pro roc for a understable shot? Ontario Roc or San Marino would be more understable, a KC pro roc wont be understable for a long time, unless the person hugs trees as much as you do...

Comment

I just picked up a new Z-Comet to compliment my ESP version and it flys out of the box similar to what you are asking for. I was throwing it at about 70% power and it was right around 300 feet, with 20 foot of elevation. It slowly faded right on a very nice glide pattern.

I would agree that form is key with any disc that is understable. Oh yeah and mine is a see through blue work of art!
        PDGA #25296
        Stumptown #34

Comment

The obvious choice is a seasoned DX XD!!!

Comment

Comment

Skeeter!

Skee-ter! Skee-ter! Just started throwing a 168g Star Skeeter and it's a thing of beauty. Holds whatever line you put on it. I like seasoned Rocs but I'm losing them faster than I can beat them in!

Comment

Thanks to everybody that has given me input so far.

KC pro roc's are the reason that I switched from Innova to Discraft, so it stands to reason that i wont be picking up any rocs to fill this need.

ChUck was right that i am looking for a disc that i dont have to break in. i have been trying to get my Z buzzz broken in enough to fly as i described in my first post, but then yesterday i got to thinking "if i lose this disc then i will have to break in a new disc and that could take some time!" i want a disc that if i lose it, i can go buy another one and dont have to worry about breaking it in so it will fly like i want it to.

i have never tried a breeze, but it sounds sort of popular. but if it is not being manufactured anymore that could be a problem in the long run.

the stratus is way to understable, i got one of these when i signed up for the PDGA.

i never even heard of a glide, i will have to check that out.

so it looks like i will have to go track down an impact, meteor, comet, and a breeze.

thanks again!
                Team HOSER:dancing:
                Team OLY:cheerleader:
                Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

A KC pro roc for a understable shot? Ontario Roc or San Marino would be more understable,
                  That would have been my suggestion as well: An Ontario Roc. They will turn over when new and don't need any breaking in.

200-300 ft is Putter territory for a lot of people... how far are you throwing your drives?

Comment

BTW: Breezes are no longer made.

You may also want to try an Innova Coyote.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_R View Post
                      That would have been my suggestion as well: An Ontario Roc. They will turn over when new and don't need any breaking in.

200-300 ft is Putter territory for a lot of people... how far are you throwing your drives?
                      I am getting my drives 350'-400' and occasionally over 400'. i dont throw my putters. my putters are for putting.

Please no more innova suggestions, i dont throw innova anymore so it doesnt help me to see what innova discs i should be throwing.
                      Team HOSER:dancing:
                      Team OLY:cheerleader:
                      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

the breeze seems like it might be a little more understable than what your looking for. plus you'd have to find one on ebay or somewhere and then if you lost it you would have to try and find another cuz they are discontinued. my very first thought when i read your first post was to get a comet. the Z and ESP are great right out of the box. i think that would suit you well
                        A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, the glide is also discontinued. I regularly throw 2 Z glides and they are more understable than what you described...and they just keep getting flippier and flippier.
                          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                            Unless I'm mistaken, the glide is also discontinued. I regularly throw 2 Z glides and they are more understable than what you described...and they just keep getting flippier and flippier.
                            No, they haven't officially discontinued the Glide yet... but the Storm is now DCed.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

For Discraft only, get a Glide. I have two Glide aces and the disc is pretty sweet. It's not a Roc, though, which is why I no longer have it in the bag.

Damn... thinking about it, I have 4 Discraft aces: 2 with the Glide and 2 with the Drone.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                                i dont throw my putters. my putters are for putting.
                                Just out of curiosity, why is that? If you can get your drives out to 400, the odds are pretty good that your most accurate throws inside at least 200 feet would be with a putter. If it's an issue off not banging up your putter, you could carry a "putting" putter and a "throwing" putter.

Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                                Please no more innova suggestions, i dont throw innova anymore so it doesnt help me to see what innova discs i should be throwing.
                                Again, just out of curiosity, why is that? If Innova made the disc closest to what you were looking for, why wouldn't you throw it?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X