X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc GOlf Basket Question

I'm in a frustrating situation right now, I'm about to go on a camping trip and I wanted to take my basket with me, I have an older M-14 that I've had for a while and that I got used. When I went to take it apart this afternoon, the pieces wouldn't come apart, I could depress the buttons but the top piece won't slide off the pole, I'm assuming it's rust. Does anyone have any advice on how to take my dang basket apart??
    PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
    dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Tap around it with a hammer to loosen it up...WD-40. Or just get a new basket on your way outta town.
    Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

3:1 lubricating oil & tap the buttons gently with a hammer to break the rust loose. Once apart, clean the sleeves of any rust (steel wool, then re-oil).

Comment

Worked like a charm, I don't know why WD40 didn't come to mind, now I just have to clean out all that rust.
        PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
        dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

WD-40 tip: You can buy it in gallon cans and put it in any oil squirt can. A gallon was still less than $20 last time I checked. I just refilled my squeeze can yesterday.

...now I just have to clean out all that rust.
          Few things cut light rust like WD-40.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X