X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mach III vs. Mach V baskets

What's the difference other than the number plate?

I believe the V has an extra set (third set!) of chains.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Yeah, mach III's have a "column" of chains in the middle, whereas the V's have 3 rows of chains. Same number of chains in both of them, just arranged differently. Oh, and Mach III's cost more and catch worse.
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

http://www.discgolfassoc.com/discgol...t-baskets.html
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          Mach III's cost more and catch worse.
          ^^^ The important part.

Comment

Innova discathers are better than both anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
              Innova discathers are better than both anyway!
              Except the Keizer folks don't want the yellowness.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The number plate is an option on Mach V baskets.

Comment

Also, though the standard color for Discatchers is yellow, you can get them custom colored. I believe that's what cefire got for one of the courses back in VA, a couple Discatchers with black bands and custom logo on them. They look sick that way!
                  Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Mach III has the most classic design and unmatched KA-CHING sound. I would take a Mach III over a Mach V for that reason alone. Mach IIIs catch my hard putts well without spitting through or bouncing back out.
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                      Mach III has the most classic design and unmatched KA-CHING sound. I would take a Mach III over a Mach V for that reason alone. Mach IIIs catch my hard putts well without spitting through or bouncing back out.
                      I gotta agree with this, the Mach III is the only target that I can trap my disc in between the rows of chains with, and hang it in there, its much easier to run clear through the chains on any other type of target.

I'm glad Innova makes the best discs on the planet, because their targets are terrible. The big steel wraparound band at the top is really annonying for a player who has grown up with the DGA targets.
                      Mach III baskets should be the only baskets approved for tournament use, they are the best available.

Comment

Baskets: Something to blame for borderline putts not sticking.
                        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X