X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf Shoes

I had a pair of Salomons shoes and last weekend the sole split down the side.
    I have been shopping around and asking people what kind of shoes the like.
    I have been thinking about a pair of Keens or a pair of Merrills. Anybody have any Ideas of where to buy a good pair of shoes at a good price.
    I rather pay a little more than having my feet hurt.
    PDGA 38153
    STUMPTOWN 158

Originally posted by topdawgy58 View Post
    I had a pair of Salomons shoes and last weekend the sole split down the side.
    I have been shopping around and asking people what kind of shoes the like.
    I have been thinking about a pair of Keens or a pair of Merrills. Anybody have any Ideas of where to buy a good pair of shoes at a good price.
    I rather pay a little more than having my feet hurt.

i love the pair of Keens i got.

Come out to the Fling tomm. Keen has around 10 diff. pairs on display.
    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I usually get golf shoes from steepandcheap.com. You have to be patient and vigilant for that to work out though. Usually backcountryoutlet.com and sierratradingpost.com have good deals on decent shoe selections. Helps to know your size in the different brands for shopping online.

Comment

I had a pair of La Sportiva approach shoes that served me well for about two years of heavy play, but they didn't have the best traction on all surfaces...

Now I have a pair of Merrells (If you look on the Merrell site, it's the 'Radius' ) that have superior traction in all circumstances. Dry, wet, mud, snow, ice, loose gravel...they're even waterproof. They've made it through fall, winter, and spring with very little wear. I'm impressed.

If I'm playing in sunny weather, I wear a pair of Vasque 'Flux' sandals that also rock.
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

If there's anyway you can wait a couple of months for Keen to come out with their disc golf shoe you'd be very happy. They had one on display this weekend and it should be a heck of a golf shoe. AND you will be supporting a strong supporter of disc golf.

Bob

Comment

i looked over the Keen disc golf shoe at the BSF and it really looked good! i was a bit amused at how none of the pros mentioned salomone shoes, instead they were thanking their sponser "KEEN"! i think that the new keen shoe is deffinately worth looking at, the only down side is that their shoes are always so expensive!
            Team HOSER:dancing:
            Team OLY:cheerleader:
            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Big downside for me with the shoe is that it is a waterproof sock inside the outer shell. So while your feet stay dry from the outside, they get wet from the inside. The KEEN rep reminded me that the average foot produces up to 8 ounces of sweat a day, too much for me. Maybe as a winter shoe, but I have BOGS. I spoke to another guy who had the KEEN stlye like the golf shoe but mesh, he said after a few rounds they began to pull away at the stress points, so he no longer wears them for golf. My search goes on, I have yet to replace the 40 dollar shoes I bought 3 years ago and finally wore out, but NB no loger makes that style.
              educate your thinking

Comment

If we could just get a DGer running an Indonesian sweat shop...
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I like the Puma King soccer shoes. Wide footbed and designed to be abused. With the plastic socks unbeatable
                  rewindb.com

Comment

I'd think the cleats on soccer shoes wouldn't work too well on concrete teepads.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I've used indoor soccer shoes for a couple of summers now. Super grippy on the pads and work pretty good in dry turf or dirt. Only a summer shoe - absolutely not to be worn when it's wet out.

Comment

I just recently scored a pair of Keen's at GI Joe's going out of business sale. They are awesome They were comfortable on my feet right out of the box, and they have the Keen dry which works great for keeping my feet dry. I scored a free pair of Keen's certificate at the BSF this weekend, so I think I will try to use it to get my husband Steve a pair too since without his support I would not have been able to play.

Cindy
                        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                        Stumptown #176
                        PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          I've used indoor soccer shoes for a couple of summers now.
                          Yes, indoor soccer shoes would be something else entirely.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

http://www.rei.com/product/763585

They have a goretex lining so they are waterproof, fit like a pair of nike running shoes and have excelent grip on anything I have yet to encounter.
                            They will cost a pretty penny but I think they're worth it.
                            According to Mazza I have a sissy arm

Comment

I played in my Wasatch Crests by Keen all weekend at the Fling in the heat. My feet were bone dry at night, even though they are a waterproof shoe. They breath very well, I was pleasantly surprised. All I know is that as long as Keen produces the disc golf shoe, I'll never buy another type. Light weight and great out of the box.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X