X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
    The Milo II's are a SICK shoe, and will be out towards the end of the month. I got to fondle some the other day and I personally can't wait. The heel cup is tighter compared to the last Milo, and all the fabric is built heavier, for the durability issues people didn't care for from the last shoe.
    I have been saving a free shoe coupon from KEEN since BSF for the women's verison of the Milo. I hope they come out at the same time.

Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Comment

I just read this in a blog post earlier today:

"And most important – they are also coming out in a women’s specific model – made on a women’s specific inner shoe last to provide better fit for women."
      Last edited by Scott; October 4th, 2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        I just read this in a blog post earlier today:

"And most important – they are also coming out in a women’s specific model – made on a women’s specific inner shoe last to provide better fit for women."
        finally! now i can stop boycotting them... oh, except the pair i got from the BSF are already coming apart both inside and out and never, ever kept my feet dry despite the "keen dry" system... gonna have to stick with salomons... i did think the keens were quite comfortable out of the box, but have not been impressed with their performance... also stepped on a sharp rock and it cut right thru the sole and into my little patootsie... ouch!

peace,
        emmarose
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

[QUOTE=Burge;77655]Hands down, the top three brands to buy are Vasque, Merrell and La Sportiva. These days, I also try to look for Vibram soles, as they have superior traction and durability.

I'd throw in Montrail, North Face, Keen and Asolo for sheer toughness. North Face runs too wide for me but they are killer shoes. I've owned at least one pair of each brand (I have 4 pairs of Keens right now) and they all work for golfing. Try ebay for sweet deals. I paid 20 bucks for my last pair of Merrells!!! With shipping. Cheers, Bro
          What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Comment

Just got my first pair of "good" shoes, Montrails, thank you Next Adventure, Stumptown, scrip winnings, et al. They sure fit my feet nicely, they are light and comfortable (and Gore-Tex, allegedly waterproof, we'll see about that, Team Golf is coming, I doubt ANY "waterproof" shoes will keep water out for more than one winter).
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
              Just got my first pair of "good" shoes, Montrails, thank you Next Adventure, Stumptown, scrip winnings, et al. They sure fit my feet nicely, they are light and comfortable (and Gore-Tex, allegedly waterproof, we'll see about that, Team Golf is coming, I doubt ANY "waterproof" shoes will keep water out for more than one winter).
              I've had a few pairs of Montrails I liked, and one I didn't so much. GoreTex will keep em dry, but like you said, only for about one season of wet weather golf. That's about the useful lifespan of any disc golf shoe for me anyway.

Comment

I needed a quality hiking shoe for the wet NW weather for both DG and camping.

Picked these Merrell Chameleon 3 on ebay for a decent price.

So far so good.
                Without a doubt sex is one of the most wholesome, most spiritual and most natural things money can buy.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                  gawain... i am rocking the montrails these days 'cause na was out of salomons when i was shoe shopping... they're super comfy and have great traction... B+ goretexy...

peace,
                  em

p.s. i hope you got the mountain masochist 'cause then we can be shoe twinsies...
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Burge View Post
                    Hands down, the top three brands to buy are Vasque, Merrell and La Sportiva. These days, I also try to look for Vibram soles, as they have superior traction and durability.
                    It's time for me to replace last year's winter shoe. I couldn't find the XT Wings I wanted with GoreTex without paying at least a bill. I've heard plenty of positive things about Vasque shoes so I'm trying out a pair of Vasque Breeze Low VST GoreTex that I found for about half of full retail. See how it goes...

Comment

I second that

Originally posted by GovSmasher View Post
                      I needed a quality hiking shoe for the wet NW weather for both DG and camping.

Picked these Merrell Chameleon 3 on ebay for a decent price.

So far so good.
                      I've got those and they have been absolutely great through our very wet spring and summer. They have excellent stability and are not too heavy.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X