Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instep Disc Golf Goal? Innova Discatcher Sport or?

I'm in the market for a cheap basket or two, new or used-- but preferably around $100-150 each. Can anyone tell me if the Instep basket(on sale for $80 on Amazon) is worth considering-- what if more chains were added-- is it more/less sturdy than the M-14? The Innova Discatcher Sport($165) seems to be more like what I'd want/need despite the cost-- but if the Instep would suffice, then I could rationalize buying two... or three.

Anyone (or club) have any used baskets for sale? A little rust/ crust is ok.
    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

I have the Instep in my back yard. A decent practice basket, but it absolutely needs more chains.
    It's kind of light - not sure if it would be course quality, even with added chains. But it's certainly worth the value as a practice basket, IMO.

Comment

I agree with Scott. I have 2 in my backyard and they MAKE you hit dead center, so It's good for a practice basket.

Comment

Originally posted by douglaselvis View Post
        I agree with Scott. I have 2 in my backyard and they MAKE you hit dead center, so It's good for a practice basket.
        Even that is not guaranteed, especially if you hit hard. But I don't mind because I know if I can sink it in my basket I can sink it in anything.

Comment

Gte the mach lite toby portable and catches really well.
          rewindb.com

Comment

There's actually a pretty informative thread on DGR right now about baskets: http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

My 2 cents, if you've got the extra cheddar to put towards it, you'll be happiest with the Discatcher Sport.
            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I have an Instep. I think it's great, but it's not so easily portable. I kinda wish I'd gotten one of the foldable ones.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I've had a skillshot for at least 3 years, still in good condition, easy to carry around in it's bag on trips. It catches some shots that really would have spit out, butttt one thing that no one seems to mention about this basket is that you can make the target zone smaller by pushing up the bottom part up and it snaps up. It takes away about 4-6 inches of target zone and makes you putt into the smaller space, when you go to putt on a normal basket, it feels so bigggg.

I putt on a M-14 now, i want to get extra chains added to this, I will probably do this this week and get it over with and then post my feedback and what i got etc...

The traveler, I won a few years ago, I have used this a few times, it catches well for those putts that go dead center, for some reason, the mesh and chains make me putt dead center better but i guess it's a psych thing...

And i'll add that the better you take care of your basket in the elements, the better it will treat you, so if it's bad weather, bring it inside, I have all mine in a garage, just open the door and putt away.

Comment

InStep is the way to go! It all compacts down to the size of the basket and isn't too heavy to move around. I spent like $23 bucks and completely changed the chain arrangement and added inner chains. I'll post pictures as soon as possible. It catches great but the ONLY problem I have is that there are no 'nubs' on the rim of the basket.

Comment

I'll gladly share information about how I modified it and where to get the stuff but don't have time to post it right now. Hopefully this clearly shows it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X