X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keen's new DISC GOLF shoe!

So I got to see the prototype shoe today, its pretty bad ass. It has an embossed basket on the side and one colored into the sole that wraps up the heel. Munk said the colors would remain the same as the proto, being black and gray, with some yellow on the sole. I am really excited to see this shoe on my feet in August!!

In the winter I like to golf with lightweight goretex hiking boots. When it's dry, I like running shoes. What is a disc golf shoe? How is it different from a hiking or running shoe? Is it goretex? Heavy, light? I'm very curious, because it seems like an activity that doesn't necessarily need a shoe specifically designed for it.

Don't get me wrong. The fact that Keen is sponsoring the BSF means I'll take a serious look at it. Until then, I'd love to hear about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
      So I got to see the prototype shoe today, its pretty bad ass. It has an embossed basket on the side and one colored into the sole that wraps up the heel. Munk said the colors would remain the same as the proto, being black and gray, with some yellow on the sole. I am really excited to see this shoe on my feet in August!!

Sounds cool, but are they going to offer women's sizes. My guess would be no, which is a bummer.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
        In the winter I like to golf with lightweight goretex hiking boots. When it's dry, I like running shoes. What is a disc golf shoe? How is it different from a hiking or running shoe? Is it goretex? Heavy, light? I'm very curious, because it seems like an activity that doesn't necessarily need a shoe specifically designed for it.
        You might be a lot less hard on your shoes than most of us. I've personally found light hikers to be the best balance in terms of durability, traction, and weight/flexibility, but even so, they're not built for disc golf and break down. The main issues I tend to have are the sides of my shoes blowing out, like right around the balls of my feet, due to the twisting/torquing action through a drive. The other major issue I've had is soft tread just getting eaten away like it was on a belt sander from teepads. Back when I was a toe-dragging sidearmer, I used to ruin my shoes with regularity on the tees.

This is the first I've heard about the Keen dg shoes, but I think this is awesome. The Bite shoes were a step in the right direction (heh, no pun intended), but I think it's a lot more promising to have a fairly well-known brand supporting the sport. Next up, Salomon and Merrell?
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

can you post a picture of these? at the Cool Shoes Invitational my wife and i were following dave feldbergs group around. they got to talking about shoes and Dave was showing off his KEEN shoes and talking about what he like about them better than other shoes. i thought it was interesting that keen had a shoe like that out, but i didnt know it was a DG shoe.
          Team HOSER:dancing:
          Team OLY:cheerleader:
          Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Go to Keen's web site. Many of their shoes can be used for disc golf. The fact that they developed a shoe specifically for disc golf is good news. I love my Keens and although they are not broken in enough to wear for a day on the course I can't wait till they do. Just a guess but you will most likely have an opportunity to see the new shoe at the BSF. Come on out!

Bob

Comment

ha ha. funny thing about this is that i just bought some really nice keens that a friggin' loved, but after a months use some of the tread on the outer front side started to un-glue. i took them back to rei to get another pair and customer service said that most of these newer keen hikers have been having this glue problem and that it was probably not in my best interest to get another pair.

what sucks is that there really wasn't anything else there i wanted, so as of right now i'm disc golf shoeless.

i think i may just go with the same pair and if they do the same thing i might just glue them back myself. they really are a very comfortable and light hiker with HUGE tread. i plan on playing a lot of mountain golf this summer so that's why i went with them in the first place.

Edit: oh, and i love the toe gaurd for various reasons (greater protection and the occasional toe drag). Keens really are the shizzle. i bet their disc golf shoe will look something like the pair i own(ed).

Last edited by Dr. Zaius; May 3rd, 2009, 03:50 PM.
              May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

I've had the tread come unglued on two different pairs of shoes in the past year. I picked up some vinyl adhesive at the hardware store and it worked like a charm.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I love KEEN, have a few different styles. I'll be looking them over.
                  educate your thinking

Comment

alright, so i went with these. merrells are good shoes, i've owned a pair before, and they lasted quite a while. only 80$ with a 20% discount at REI right now till may 10th, so they were 65$. the keens were 110$ so i just saved 45$. i'm think this was a smart move.
                    May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Ah Cindy, they WILL have a women's shoe! And I will be buying a few pair as sponsorship for the Chick Flick tourney if they are out in time. And no pictures, you can see them in person at the Fling

Comment

http://www.zappos.com/n/multi_view.c...&ref=multi-pic
                        Best pair of shoes i have ever worn for disc golf and i got them for $30.00 new during R.E.I's January sell.
                        Highly recommended.
                        Not as creative as keys

Comment

Originally posted by Tennessee View Post
                          http://www.zappos.com/n/multi_view.c...&ref=multi-pic
                          Best pair of shoes i have ever worn for disc golf and i got them for $30.00 new during R.E.I's January sell.
                          Highly recommended.
                          Oh yeah Keens are great too.
                          Not as creative as keys

Comment

Ah Cindy, they WILL have a women's shoe! And I will be buying a few pair as sponsorship for the Chick Flick tourney if they are out in time. And no pictures, you can see them in person at the Fling
                            Sweeeeeet I look forward to checking them out at the fling. Thanks for supporting the Chick Flick as well that is awesome.

Cindy
                            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                            Stumptown #176
                            PDGA #37716

Comment

P.s. Nice shooting today Cindy

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...