CFR Sale Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CFR Sale

    Posted this over on upcoming events but seems the subject headline scares readers away... anyways...
    Hello everyone... the time is creeping up on us... We have decided to have a "sale" on our remaining CFR discs. Star Cobras 169-180g and Champion Starfire-L's 164-175g. The champ glow teebirds are down to 3 left...
    From now until May 31, the sale will be on...
    Non ODDGA members...
    $16 for the first disc, $12 for the 2nd disc, $10 for the 3rd disc and everyone after that.
    For ODDGA members
    $12 for the first disc, $10 for the 2nd and 3rd disc, then $8 for each disc after that.

    ODDGA membership is $10 and comes with a choice of disc from the new batch coming in right before ODDGC, hopefully before BSF as well. The choices will be KC Avair or Pro destroyer.
    ODDGA renewals are $5. The member list can be found at www.oregonddga.com
    I take paypal @ deafpwr12@cs.com or Money order/checks to me... PM me for mailing address...

  • #2
    What are the weights for the champion glow teebirds?
    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

    Comment


    • #3
      171 and 175

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by snap7times View Post
        Posted this over on upcoming events but seems the subject headline scares readers away... anyways...
        Hello everyone... the time is creeping up on us... We have decided to have a "sale" on our remaining CFR discs. Star Cobras 169-180g and Champion Starfire-L's 164-175g. The champ glow teebirds are down to 3 left...
        From now until May 31, the sale will be on...
        Non ODDGA members...
        $16 for the first disc, $12 for the 2nd disc, $10 for the 3rd disc and everyone after that.
        For ODDGA members
        $12 for the first disc, $10 for the 2nd and 3rd disc, then $8 for each disc after that.


        ODDGA membership is $10 and comes with a choice of disc from the new batch coming in right before ODDGC, hopefully before BSF as well. The choices will be KC Avair or Pro destroyer.
        ODDGA renewals are $5. The member list can be found at www.oregonddga.com
        I take paypal @ deafpwr12@cs.com or Money order/checks to me... PM me for mailing address...
        How do I become a member? Do I have to be deaf? Quite frankly I'm darn near there anyway. Pretty much read lips most of the time especially if more than one person is talking at once or a lot of background noise.

        Bob

        Comment


        • #5
          Then it would be a perfect time for you to learn ASL (American Sign Language).... It does help even on the course.
          Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
          DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

          Comment


          • #6
            Just dont do the normal 3 fingers to show that you shot a 3. It would be viewed as a 6 in ASL.
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mystjava View Post
              Then it would be a perfect time for you to learn ASL (American Sign Language).... It does help even on the course.
              I know quite a bit of ASL. I've been learning it for 2 years. Does that mean that I'd get a discount?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                Just dont do the normal 3 fingers to show that you shot a 3. It would be viewed as a 6 in ASL.
                What Trozzle is sharing is that we do our "three" with the thumb out, not with the thumb holding the pinky finger - that would be "six" or "W".
                Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

                Comment


                • #9
                  LOL, you guys are funnnnyyy... however, for membership, it is open to anyone who wants to be a member; have voting rights, get the free disc and discounts benefits, get your permenant number or just to simply get the free disc, permenant number and support ODDGA etc etc etc. That is why I encouraged y'all to look at the list, if you look carefully, one of you guys was one of our early members a long time ago and he does show it off on this forum in his signature but y'all never notice I guess....
                  We do have our "limitations" during specific tournaments but membership is wide open.....
                  And a small fact, the highest percentage of Deaf people are "senior citizens"... And Brody, I best see your azzxx signing like crazy at BSF

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Snap.. you keep me posted.. I hope he does! Have a blast at BSF!
                    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I feel bad not knowing at least a 'handful' of ASL whenever I run into a friend on the disc golf course who happens to be deaf... I have talked about 'signing up' for a class, and now I'm compelled to do so once I join the ODDGA-- perhaps that should be compulsory prior to joining?
                      It should be a mandatory class prior to graduation of high school IMHO, or at least be offered along with foreign languages...
                      Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                        LOL, you guys are funnnnyyy... however, for membership, it is open to anyone who wants to be a member; have voting rights, get the free disc and discounts benefits, get your permenant number or just to simply get the free disc, permenant number and support ODDGA etc etc etc. That is why I encouraged y'all to look at the list, if you look carefully, one of you guys was one of our early members a long time ago and he does show it off on this forum in his signature but y'all never notice I guess....
                        We do have our "limitations" during specific tournaments but membership is wide open.....
                        And a small fact, the highest percentage of Deaf people are "senior citizens"... And Brody, I best see your azzxx signing like crazy at BSF
                        Nate, when I get back from GNO I'll get ahold of you and get the Membership thing taken care of. Heck you can use my free disc as a CTP. It's not much but it's my way of helping out in a little way.

                        Bob

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Bob -- Thank you! That is sweet of you..
                          Toby -- Some schools (high schools) now offer ASL as a foreign language. It took a long time and in some places, it is still taking a while to get there. If you have an opportunity to take up some classes or even socialize with us, I'm positive that you can pick up some and learn more about the deaf culture at the same time.
                          To everyone -- Why not? Grab the opportunity to learn and to develop friendship at the same time on the course. Have a "silent" discing event? (ohhh.. I see ideas sprouting!)
                          Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                          DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You want to see a good variety of Deaf disc golfers playing/watching a tournament and have an interpreter on site to help you communicate??? Beaver State Fling will have that! 4 Deaf players and quite a few more fans/spectators with interpreter(s)!
                            ASL is becoming very popular and many websites have tutorials and so forth. I'm still working on my disc golf ASL video but keeps getting put on backburner...
                            Bob- cool beans!
                            FYI - Almost half the colleges out there have ASL classes available.... anyways back to the thread topic... heh..
                            Another fact for ya... over 29 million people in America are Deaf, that includes all non signing Deaf and senior citizens who think ASL is clown's language heh...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              www.lifeprint.com has FREE easy to use pictorials/ tutorials/ videos for learning ASL...
                              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X