X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huk Sit and other tripod stools

What is the best way (and possible cheaper alternatives) to get one here in town? I'm going to need one by the BSF since I'll be spotting and will want to sit when people are not throwing.

Originally posted by jevon View Post
    What is the best way (and possible cheaper alternatives) to get one here in town? I'm going to need one by the BSF since I'll be spotting and will want to sit when people are not throwing.
    They have the huk sit at Next Adventure. I sat on it yesterday while perusing the discs. Comfy.

I think you can get the exact same chair without the logo for less $$ at Andy and Bax, 1 block north of Next Adventure. I haven't looked myself, but it seems that somebody told me that.

Don't get sucked into a cheaper alternative - there are tons out there - but the stool that Huk Lab uses is the most comfortable and durable that I've seen.

Comment

Check out the ones at REI... I have one with a back on it... smaller seating area but has a back on it... I have seen the huk lab size seating area witha back on it but never can see those in stores... The huk lab ones are great though, i have both... the larger the seating area the better...

And if you just using it for one tournament, borrow one...

Comment

Originally posted by jevon View Post
        Here's the one I have:

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___41193

OR you could borrow mine.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
          OR you could borrow mine.

Bob
          It's difficult to find a time when your butt isn't already in it.

Comment

The Huk Sits are made by Camp Time. You can get them without the Huklab stickers for a bit less. I'm sure that Google knows as well as anyone where to find them.

I haven't seen any other folding stool that works equally well for disc golf. I have one of those trifolds with a back they sell at REI. Not as good. Heavier and bulkier to carry. Great for camping or whatever but for disc golf the Camp Time ones are impossible to beat from what I've seen.

Edit: I just looked at Bob's link. That place has them. http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___41198

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              It's difficult to find a time when your butt isn't already in it.
              Scott... let the man flirt... we know he's gonna be in the chair to whoever borrows it... no need to embarrass him...

Comment

By the time you include shipping, the HukSit is probably the same price as getting it online, and you are supporting a local vendor that supports disc golf!

Comment

Highly recommended!

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                  By the time you include shipping, the HukSit is probably the same price as getting it online, and you are supporting a local vendor that supports disc golf!
                  Plus if you buy it at NA you can use your Stumptown membership discount!

Being an old fat guy, I originally bought 2 thinking that it wouldn't take me long to destroy it like all the other folding chairs that I went through. Not the HukSit! After 2+ years I have started to wear through the little black caps on the ends of the poles but the seat and poles are still great. My 2nd chair just gets used as a loner for buddies without one...
                  Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                  Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                  Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                  Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                  Or does here stand the last remaining man
                  To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                  No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                  Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                  Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Jevon, I own a Huk Sit, and it is pretty comfortable. However, if you don't like how bulky it is, Jerry was selling a chair that folded up like the Huk Sit, and then folded in half again, and has a small pouch for it. Not quite as comfortable as the Huk Sit, but much more portable. Don't know if he has them anymore, but might be worth checking out.

~Z
                    TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Where can I get a super good deal on one of those square umbrellas like the Huk Lab ones? I don't have to pay extra to do free advertising, do I?
                      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Thanks for all the info everyone. I did do the google search before I posted but the majority of options were the ones with the plastic piece at the pivot point where the three legs meet. I did run across the Camp Time one and it appeared to be the same, but I wanted to check to see if there was a local supplier that anyone had found. For what it is I don't think it is bulky at all so I don't need anything smaller. I don't have a problem paying for quality, but I do have issues with paying to advertise for someone. Same with certain stores/corporations. There are certain places that I choose not to shop, even if I can save a few dollars. I'm not trying to dis on Huk Lab, but if I could save a few bucks for the same thing without the logo I would be all over it. I'm also the type of person that thinks all bumper stickers that are advertisements should be free.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                          Where can I get a super good deal on one of those square umbrellas like the Huk Lab ones? I don't have to pay extra to do free advertising, do I?
                          http://www.ebags.com/shedrain/windja...?modelid=15686

I hate to say it, but at $25.00 it is considerably cheaper than the HL version. Exact same umbrella, minus the logo.

Comment

jevon, are you planning on using the stool for tournaments down the road? If you're only looking for something while spotting at the Fling, I'd say just get one of those collapsible camp chairs with the back and armrests. That's more comfortable for longer periods of sitting, and they usually can be found for < $10.
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

You could recline on a throne of beer cases?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X