Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got a nice dyed trifly r-pro boss from jay over at NA. turned it over just slightly to get that perfect glide on it's virgin throw from me for an easy 350'... nice...

Comment

I did not think R-Pro plastic would dye well. How is the color? Edges?
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

looks the same as star, however it got a little tree sap and looks like the dye smeared a little, have to clean it off to see if it was the dye or the tree drool...

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
          I did not think R-Pro plastic would dye well. How is the color? Edges?
          There are different flavors of R-pro. The R-Pro Boss feels totally different than the R-Pro Aviar, Dart, and Hydra. The R-Pro Boss plastic feels most similar to the standard Pro plastic which dyes quite nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
            No worries. I don't need a Delorean, only a phone booth (though George Carlin would have helped...). I will let you know when I get them ordered... I hope to make it out there Sunday (though the discs obviously won't be here for me to take to you).

So Bob I think there may be a Thing coming your way this weekend and it will contain 4 R-Pro Bosses, but one is mine!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Thing View Post
              So Bob I think there may be a Thing coming your way this weekend and it will contain 4 R-Pro Bosses, but one is mine!
              Woo-hoo! I managed to trade for a one fifty here on the course. It's stretching out my distance already. Sharpie don't stick to it, no-how. Ballpoint rubs right off too.

Well, back to the Big Mo (so's I kin throw things this weekend).
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                Woo-hoo! I managed to trade for a one fifty here on the course. It's stretching out my distance already. Sharpie don't stick to it, no-how. Ballpoint rubs right off too.

Well, back to the Big Mo (so's I kin throw things this weekend).
                Yep, you better get things mowed, but I doubt that there will be any water on the grass no matter if it is mowed or not.

Comment

Well, once again there were no disc golfers on Saturday or Sunday. There was a guy from Long Beach on Friday. I hit the rocky road on #17 with my one R-Pro Boss. It was disturbing how extensive was the damage to the rim. I've rarely seen DX take it so bad. I do admit the extra range I'm getting. Only playing #18 after the damage, and that into a cruel headwind, I can't say how bad it hurt the disc's flight patterns. As no one showed up to golf, I've done nothing since then but split and stack firewood. I have tons of that to go and need to get the woodsheds filled before the FernBurner.

Comment

Sorry, Bob. We had planned on making the trip out on Sunday. However, both Friday and Staurday night went WAY longer than we had anticipated. By the time we woke up on Sunday, it was too late to wander out there. I do still have the three Bosses you wanted, and will get them to you as soon as I can.

Remember, we will be out early to help before the Fernburner - just so you know.
                    TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

All work and no play here, which is probably the only chance I have at making a dent in the workload. So, it's probably best I keep nosing around that old grindstone. You are saving me from my goof-off self.

Comment

But I thought I was supposed to save Goof from Gallant*. I am so confused...

*That's right. Check that reference, suckas....
                        TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
                          But I thought I was supposed to save Goof from Gallant*. I am so confused...

*That's right. Check that reference, suckas....
                          Don't you mean Goofus?

Comment

As a reply to Bob's prior post, I chose to use Goof instead of Goofus.

Bob might be a Goof, but he's no Goofus.

Comment

How did I miss Goofus and Gallant? Some world-class learning disability. I read in my searching that there was a parody where Gallant, as an adult, plans the murder of Goofus, and Beavis and Butthead come down solidly in favor of Goofus. I still miss a lot. Wonder if I'll ever catch up.

Rain has stopped. Back to work.

Comment

I tried my 150 Boss (purchased from Bontempo) and I'd say it added 30 to 40 feet to my other discs. Good glide. I'm hearing it gets banged up, but I was throwing it on a massive field of pretty, soft grass.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X