X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do people think of the Riot

Just curious who has thrown it and what they think about it.

It's a RIOT!!!

No but really, I thought the disc looked sharp-- only threw it a 'fist-full' of times and wasn't comfortable with my grip-- it has a rounded edge similar to that of the Quarter K, if I remember correctly. Is the rim pretty shallow as well?
    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

I got one and I do not like the edge being rounded outward. I makes it hard to grip for both backhand and forehand drives. I bought one online thinking that the 'angled' rim as it were, was angled inward, which I thought would be a nice forehand disc, but such is not the case.

Me no likey...
      "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Meh

I tested one of these out and was mildly impressed at best. The beveled edge seemed to make the disc prone to occasional inconsistent releases/slippage. When I got good pulls the disc did have a nice long straight flight though. IMO there are other molds that currently do the same work as a Riot would just more efficiently. If you want to throw something quality from Latitude 64 try out a Striker (fairway driver). They are consistently long and straight (sometimes as far as wide rimmed distance drivers) and are the perfect compliment to Teebirds.
        Challengers-Rocs-Drone-Teebirds-TL-Wraiths-Destroyers

Comment

I love my Riot. Fast (as a destroyer), stable (more so than a destroyer) and the beveled edge does force me to take a solid grip the release is so smooth and easy. Plus the Latitude plastic is indestructible!! DISCLAIMER: I am swedish so I putt with the Spike, throw the Riot, the Striker and am still figuring out what the heck the XXX is used for. That XXX is as stable of a disc as I've see but I need to find a Xtreme to compare it to. Plus I've used my Core for 8 months now and it still has little bits of flashing on the other rim. Tough, maybe even CE tough plastic. Swede Power!!!
          What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

Comment

I've been wanting to try a RIOT myself, but haven't had the chance to get one yet. I do have a Striker and have thrown it a few times and love it, but because it's blue, I can't really use it.. I have a hard time seeing blue when it's in the weeds. Though now the summer has turned most of the grass and weeds light in color, I may start using the blue disk. I do use a Sinus putter too and love using that. Nice straight throw on that thing. I had a Mirus, but just couldn't it to work with me as I wanted and gave it away.

Comment

I think the Riot are hot. They are incredible athletes with awesome disc skills. They got second place in Nationals last year....and they are hot...

....we are talking about the Seattle Riot women's ultimate frisbee team...right?

http://www.seattleriot.org/

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                I think the Riot are hot. They are incredible athletes with awesome disc skills. They got second place in Nationals last year....and they are hot...

....we are talking about the Seattle Riot women's ultimate frisbee team...right?

http://www.seattleriot.org/

uh, no. We're talking about this Riot, right?

Comment

what about Riot!? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riot!!
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X