X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL (Firebird-L)

I am looking for some feedback on the FL (Firebird-L). Up to this point I have been throwing my sidewinder for my forehand drives, but lately I have been all over he place with it. I have been told that I may need to go to a more overstable disc for my forehand drives. I do have a 157 champion firebird, but it just seems to fade off too soon without enough glide. I was reading up on the FL and they say it is suppose to a good first overstable disc. I was just wondering what you all thought about it.

Thanks,
    Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Going from a sidewinder to a FL is a considerable jump from understable to stable. I used to have one and I have alot of power, I found the FL to suck at glide, even worse than a normal firebird but that is only one disc with maybe 30 throws on it. If your sidewinder is all over the place, is your form changing for each shot? Sometimes its the archer, not the arrow. But if you want to move towards the stable end, I would suggest trying Valkrie or Viking, or even try to focus on speed 6-7 discs to dominate control and accuracy with a Leopard, Cheetah, TL, Teebird in that sort of family.
    And before anyone starts to doubt my comments and opinion, I play with my fiance often and know what she throws to be successful. Maybe set up a Women's only "whats in your bag" thread? and the guys can see what you Ladies are throwing and maybe some will say, OMFG WTHIST, or say, yeah that looks right... heh..

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
      Going from a sidewinder to a FL is a considerable jump from understable to stable. I used to have one and I have alot of power, I found the FL to suck at glide, even worse than a normal firebird but that is only one disc with maybe 30 throws on it. If your sidewinder is all over the place, is your form changing for each shot? Sometimes its the archer, not the arrow. But if you want to move towards the stable end, I would suggest trying Valkrie or Viking, or even try to focus on speed 6-7 discs to dominate control and accuracy with a Leopard, Cheetah, TL, Teebird in that sort of family.
      And before anyone starts to doubt my comments and opinion, I play with my fiance often and know what she throws to be successful. Maybe set up a Women's only "whats in your bag" thread? and the guys can see what you Ladies are throwing and maybe some will say, OMFG WTHIST, or say, yeah that looks right... heh..
      Actually the last couple of times I have gone out I have thrown my Valk. forehand, and it is working much better for me than the sidewinder. I was just looking for maybe another disc that might work even better for me. I don't think I have ever tried to throw my Teebird forehand, so I will give that a try.

Nate I like your idea of the Women's only thread of "What's in your bag" , and I may just start one. As long as the guys don't get too critical because some of us are still pretty new, and still trying to figure all this out. It would be cool though to see what other chicks are throwing.

Cindy
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

I love me the teebird for those must park forehands between 75-200... i love my viking no matter what anyone says heh

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
          I love me the teebird for those must park forehands between 75-200... i love my viking no matter what anyone says heh
          What do you think about the TL? I raided my husbands bag, and found a 162 star TL that I think I am going to borrow.

Cindy
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
            What do you think about the TL? I raided my husbands bag, and found a 162 star TL that I think I am going to borrow.

Cindy

I was actually going to suggest a Teebird myself. A beat in TL however, is not all that much different (stability-wise) than a Sidewinder so I suspect you'll have similar issues. A non-TL Teebird will be more stable for sure.
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I love the FL, actually just got a new one (in CE plastic... ooo baby)

Great forehand disc... nice balance of control and stability... great upshot disc, also awesome for wooded courses.

Comment

CE plastic?
                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

CE FL... greatest disc of all time?

Comment

You GOTTA try a Destroyer, its fun.
                    Once you get it to wiggle good, you wont want to throw anything else forehand.

Comment

A TL is good, a straighter for longer Teebird... If you turning a TL easily then something needs to be done. I threw a 175 TL and never was able to turn much...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X