X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    NICE! Saw those clowns in Portland last year. Still as good as when I saw them in Ventura with Redd Kross in 95 or 96.

Jet, I don't know what to tell you about the finger thing. Have you tried tape? I know people who do that as well as people who use a glove. Maybe the Rhyno isn't the right putter for you and you should be looking for a new putter that doesn't have that type of edge?

It just seems to me that adding to your disc options on what is virtually a long putt is not the right idea when you could be using your putter a little differently than you are now to achieve the desired result.
    i use to have the same problem with my upshot discs, was using a different grip than my driving grip, now i use a combo of the two grips with my upshot disc and solved the problem.
    man i think i am mumbling hopefully this makes since to ya

Comment

With the power that I have seen Jet throw her closer putts (way too much), I think she has plenty of power to use a putter at 50 or 60 ft as well. If the rim of the putter is causing your finger to get hurt, try switching putters. I have an XD you can try next time we play. A good midrange disc, and the know how of how to throw it never hurts as well.
      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Jet, I don't know what to tell you about the finger thing. Have you tried tape? I know people who do that as well as people who use a glove. Maybe the Rhyno isn't the right putter for you and you should be looking for a new putter that doesn't have that type of edge?

It just seems to me that adding to your disc options on what is virtually a long putt is not the right idea when you could be using your putter a little differently than you are now to achieve the desired result.
        Rhyno works perfect for short lower power puts. But not so good on longer shots. I'll try a kite and a spider (please no more photos)
        "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

did someone say Spider again?????

Comment

Originally posted by rob smith View Post
            i use to have the same problem with my upshot discs, was using a different grip than my driving grip, now i use a combo of the two grips with my upshot disc and solved the problem.
            man i think i am mumbling hopefully this makes since to ya
            That's part of it. I fan grip on the Rhyno - works great for close shots. Power gripping isn't too accurate (kinda dangerous for anyone not behind me) for my putting.

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
              did someone say Spider again?????
              Nope!

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                holy crap troy you should dye that.......
                Thanks for the great idea Scott

Comment

Yeah, but how boring. New discs are fun.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                    Yeah, but how boring. New discs are fun.
                    And less work.

Comment

A putter may be the way to go for short approach shots, but it doesn't have to be the putter you're using now. I use a j/k aviar for everything <40' and just started using a Pig for >40' and <100".

That way, you still get a new disc!

Comment

Once you go Wizard or BB Aviar you will never want to use another disc for anything under 200ft. Apologies to Adam if that takes the fun out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          A putter may be the way to go for short approach shots, but it doesn't have to be the putter you're using now. I use a j/k aviar for everything <40' and just started using a Pig for >40' and <100".

That way, you still get a new disc!
                          I like aviars but not as much as rhynos.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X