Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if the spider was huge and obese?

Comment

speaking of spiders, i was just cleaning out my garage an found a very huge female Hobo spider with a leg span of nearly 2 inches

ok sorry for the thread drift, but yeah, a Gummy Champ Spider is a great disc, but I prefer my Crystal Buzzz. my XD is good at that range too.
      All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

I am surprised you would consider throwing your Teebird between 40 and 60 feet unless it is super windy. I would think that if you cannot reach this distance with your putter that you not change the disc you throw but change HOW you throw your most trusted disc - your putter. Do you play catch with your putter or a similar disc?
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          I am surprised you would consider throwing your Teebird between 40 and 60 feet unless it is super windy. I would think that if you cannot reach this distance with your putter that you not change the disc you throw but change HOW you throw your most trusted disc - your putter. Do you play catch with your putter or a similar disc?
          I was playing Milo with you one day and the edge of my Rhyno caught on my finger joint and bruised it. (every putt for the rest of the round hurt but it was too fun playing to stop) I was trying out my putter for an upshot. After that I only used my Teebird at this distance because the edge didn't hit that bone on my finger.
          "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet View Post
            I was playing Milo with you one day and the edge of my Rhyno caught on my finger joint and bruised it. (every putt for the rest of the round hurt but it was too fun playing to stop) I was trying out my putter for an upshot. After that I only used my Teebird at this distance because the edge didn't hit that bone on my finger.
            as king of the upshot or princess lay up, I would highly recomend a banger gt. It is a little overstable,but you can put a little on it without losing your accuracy, and remember to not take your eyes off the target. It's all about depth perception! make sure it's the soft gt this will keep you from skipping to far past the basket, happy flying!

Comment

Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
              I agree! I second that! I'd love to see that.
              LOL... I was about to post:
              When in doubt I just throw a Breeze.
              Breeze Huckin Master

Comment

I've had this happen to me with my putter as well. I was warming up throwing a putter with Josh and it came off my finger and created a hematoma. My middle finger swelled to twice its size and it hurt like the devil to play that day.

For tosses that distance though you should be able to throw a putt. or a jump putt. (which I call a "jump up", since I don't ever make a putt out of them)

Comment

Oh, and Troy, you can stop posting those pics now. I might have to stop getting online for awhile if you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by essjay View Post
                    Oh, and Troy, you can stop posting those pics now. I might have to stop getting online for awhile if you don't.
                    Ditto! I'm never going in your garage.
                    "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

*cowering under my bed* is it gone, is it dead yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                        speaking of spiders, i was just cleaning out my garage an found a very huge female Hobo spider with a leg span of nearly 2 inches

ok sorry for the thread drift, but yeah, a Gummy Champ Spider is a great disc, but I prefer my Crystal Buzzz. my XD is good at that range too.

holy crap troy you should dye that.......
                        "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post

Boy, SOME people are sure squeemish!

Bob

Comment

Boy, SOME people are sure squeemish!

Bob

Yeah no kidding, geeze people!!!! It was that close to my own hand, not yours I was going to hold it for the pic, but those things bite hard, and leave a nasty gaping wound

ok, ok, back to the original thread now...
                            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

TrozzleMan, trozzleman,
                              doing whatever a Trozzle Can.

You say that spider was in your garage-
                              Could it have been looking for your Dune Buggy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg0dkJfrPYM
                              Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

NICE! Saw those clowns in Portland last year. Still as good as when I saw them in Ventura with Redd Kross in 95 or 96.

Jet, I don't know what to tell you about the finger thing. Have you tried tape? I know people who do that as well as people who use a glove. Maybe the Rhyno isn't the right putter for you and you should be looking for a new putter that doesn't have that type of edge?

It just seems to me that adding to your disc options on what is virtually a long putt is not the right idea when you could be using your putter a little differently than you are now to achieve the desired result.
                                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X