Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll put in my vote for the Buzz, it's the only mid-range I use and it's a great in disc in between my magnet and my XL.
    PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
    dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Considering we don't have nearly enough options here, I'll go ahead and muddy the waters even further.

Its all about the Champion Spider.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Personally - imo - I use both Wizard, Warlock, UPSHOT (in caps since it's my favorite!) and a few others. I like the spider (which I gave to my partner, so I need to get one for myself!). I've used the Coyote, Aviar, and Kite. My other personal favorite is the multi-use Panther.
        Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
        DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Originally posted by Jet View Post
          I need a disc between by Rhyno and my 155 TeeBird to use on closer upshots. The Rhyno is great for putting but on long putts (40 to 60ft), it doesn't go far enough for me. Sometimes my T-bird goes way past the basket without much power. Suggestions?
          Ok, you have a ryhno which is for really short approach, you want a little longer disc that will get those 40-100 foot shots I would assume and that a teebird is going too far sometimes. Now I will be the first to say that a KITE is in the complete opposite direction. You are looking for a disc that will go in the middle of a ryhno and a teebird, both with considerable fade and both do not turnover. A KITE is a very undertable mid with almost no fade. Trying to use a KITE for a disc to go between a ryhno and a teebird will throw you off your game considerably. But that's just my opinion and observation.
          The CRO, Spider, buzzz etc will all work and its up to you how much fade you would like.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
            I was looking at this one. Innova has that cool disc chart. And I like that they have a Champion version, it's smaller diameter, and 160 class weight.
            "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

I like the XD a lot for this type of shot. I've been wanting to try a Buzz too but haven't gotten around to it. I throw sidearm and the XD is nice and shallow for my smaller hands.

Comment

I haven't found an XD yet that is in my range at the local shop (she had ordered a lot that were in the 175 - 180 grams!). I see a lot of folks play with the XD and it looks good -- perhaps I ought to give it a shot. (There are some very good approach and putt discs out there!)
                Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

Originally posted by Jet View Post
                  I was looking at [the Spider]. Innova has that cool disc chart. And I like that they have a Champion version, it's smaller diameter, and 160 class weight.
                  A friend of mine has a Champ Spider that behaves a lot like his FLX Buzz -- moderately overstable.

By the way, for an even better flight chart, see: Joe's Universal Flight Chart (PDF file)
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Jet, I use a gummy champ Spider mostly, and XD for the slightly shorter shots, or a Cro for a bit more hyzer. They all work great and I can throw them backhand or forehand.

But I haven't tried a Kite, or a Dart...(yet)

Spider rules.

Comment

Yeah Spider

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                      Originally posted by essjay View Post
                      Spider rules.
                      One of my favorite discs as well, very versatile.
                      The gummy soft Champion Spiders are the sickest, but hard to find. There are old soft DX Spiders equally as cool but are even rarer. I have never tried the Star plastic version, never felt a need to.

Comment

Originally posted by essjay View Post
                        Jet, I use a gummy champ Spider mostly, and XD for the slightly shorter shots, or a Cro for a bit more hyzer.
                        I like gummy discs.
                        "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

Mike Raymond, is to the Spider what Jeff Larson is to the Breeze
                          educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                            Mike Raymond, is to the Spider what Jeff Larson is to the Breeze
                            That sounds like a challenge to me!

Comment

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                              That sounds like a challenge to me!
                              I agree! I second that! I'd love to see that.

Comment

A Breeze would blow away a Spider. Duh...
                                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X