X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upshot Disc

I need a disc between by Rhyno and my 155 TeeBird to use on closer upshots. The Rhyno is great for putting but on long putts (40 to 60ft), it doesn't go far enough for me. Sometimes my T-bird goes way past the basket without much power. Suggestions?
    "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

magical putters

150 class aviar putters!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
      150 class aviar putters!
      The lip on the aviar is too similar to my Rhyno. And the 150 is too light for me esp if there is any wind. I'd like to try a disc with a shorter side profile.

I've tried a Warlock but found it worked better for short putts rather than longer ones.

Comment

Have you tried a Classic Roc? They have pretty shallow lips and come in every weight from 145g to 175g. They're well-suited as long putters or short mid-ranges.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
          Have you tried a Classic Roc? They have pretty shallow lips and come in every weight from 145g to 175g. They're well-suited as long putters or short mid-ranges.
          I'll try one. Thanks

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Try a midrange like a Kite or something. I had one for a few days and it has a lot of glide! Also, it feels great.

Comment

My beloved throws a Kite, and it has a sick amount of glide to it. That may suit your needs.
              TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

try the coyote, very straight also good for slow turn over shots. i have an old and a new find them much easier to control than a roc.

Comment

Roc skull

I have a 180 Roc with a skull on it. I have tried other disc and nothing else comes close to its way to find the basket.
                  PDGA 38153
                  STUMPTOWN 158

Comment

Have you tried an XD?

Comment

I would suggest a Buzzz... similar to a roc, but with a much shallower rim and a more flip... Or you could try a gator or a Drone... both are beefy and stable like your rhynos

Comment

yeah, a buzzz will be smack dab middle of a teebird and rhyno... I throw teebirds for the longer approach shots that must clear obstacles and a buzz for those open approach shots from 100-250 feet. I usually use the esp flx for precision without alot of fade, cryztal for the most fade, Z for the straight to turn..

Comment

I'm a fan of the Cro. I find the flight path to be similar to a Classic Roc, but it's smaller diameter and doesn't have that bead on the rim to get in the way of my small hand.

Comment

I'm going to try a 165 star Kite. The fact that is a smaller diameter is intriguing.

Comment

I would suggest trying out a ce, champion, or cfr Gator to anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of throwing one yet.... very overstable, not much glide and wouldn't putt with one, but they are super predictable for upshots, lay-ups and short helix shots-- & popular for side arm chips-- i believe gators FORGIVE mistakes and make it easy to gauge distance. Gator Done!!
                              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X