Destroyer vs Force.... I think I want a more consistent disc manufacturer Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destroyer vs Force.... I think I want a more consistent disc manufacturer

Well, last year and early this year I was throwing a destroyer for max distance. Since loosing my two destroyers, I got a new one and it's way too over stable. After that, I tried a new first run Boss and loved it. So I got a new Boss that was one of Feldberg's signature runs. Now, this new Boss is definitely more over stable than the first run. Please, someone tell me what other discs I should be looking at. The Discraft Force? I need something like a first run boss. Help Me, please. I just don't have the money to keep buying a disc that I think is going to one thing, when it ends up flying another way.

one thing i have learned is the softer feel discs are less overstable than the firmer ones, so if you grab 2 171g star destroyers, they will feel different most of the time off the shelf, the softer ones will more likely be less overstable than the firmer ones... that is one way to go unless i'm wrong and Jim Oates and his partner are wrong too lol...

Comment

i love the force. i think i have 3 or 4 and they all fly the same. its really consistant and i throw them for a lot of different shots. i've never throw the boss but i've seen people throw it. so if you like the boss i think there is a good chance that you will like the force. its also got the big rim like the boss and pretty close to the same over stability. it also doesn't matter what plastic you get cuz they fly the same. the force it what i'd recommend.
      Last edited by Nathan; April 10th, 2009, 08:04 PM. Reason: wanted to write more
      A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Innova has the name recognition put poor quality control. Same disc models from one run to the next can have very different flight characteristics.

Discraft gets bad mouthed by Innova fanboys but doesn't seem to have nearly the inconsistencies in the same disc models from run to run.

Now if only someone could hook me up with lightweight FLX plastic...

Ever seen a 150g FLX Surge or Force? I'd sure like to give those discs a try. Maybe Papa knows?
        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
        Or does here stand the last remaining man
        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

they only have the 150 surge in pro d, which isnt a very strong plastic. the force is only made in esp and z plastic and is not 150. it would be cool to see those but as far as i know they havent made one yet. scott might know if theres anything in the coming
          A par is not a bogey.

Comment

The 150 Surge is actually X plastic, Discraft's best imho, but they are dropping much of the X plastic. As to the Force Boss debate: I have a few buddies who throw the boss, the love it or hate depending on the one they have with them. Personally I love the Force. I don't like ESP plastic so I waited for a run in Z and got a proto out of the Mid-West before the runs of Sparkle Z. I've never looked back, it is a force to be reckoned with. Since that first, I've picked up 2 Players Cup Sparkle Z back ups, and they throw just like the proto when it was new. And they break in so nice. Oh how I would love to see a run in X. May the force be wit jew.
            J
            educate your thinking

Comment

Destroyer Vs. Force

I also really like the Force. Just like Nathan said they all fly the same and can throw for a good back hand or fore hand.

Comment

I totally understand the thing about the differences in Innovas molds, but personally it doesnt affect me. I have 2 172g Star Tee Rex's. Yes you would think that they would fly the same, but they actually dont. Any time I buy a disc, no matter the mold, I learn how to throw that particular disc. If something of the same mold doesnt fly the same, I learn how to throw that particular disc. with my 2 Tee Rex's, I use one for longer throws, and the other for more controlled long flights. I think if someone is an Innova only thrower, but bitches about there inconsitincies, they just need to learn how to throw and control each individual disc they throw.
                All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

But Troz, you know that it sucks to have a disc that you throw well, lose it, buy another, and find out that it is not at all what you were used to throwing. I liken that to picking up a half rack of Fat Tire, only to have it taste like Abbey. I may be able to drink the Abbey (and enjoy it), but that day I really wanted the Fat Tire. And it sucks to blow $12 or so on a mistake like that. So the moral would be not to lose your plastic?
                  TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

It's kind of retarded to buy the same disc and have it do two different things. I mean come on, when I buy a Firebird, I want it to be a Firebird, not a valkyrie with a strong hyzer at the end! What is the point of buying a certain disc if it doesn't fly like the last one you bought? And you don't always lose them, sometimes they get a little too beat and you would like a fresh one.

Comment

I'm going to call BS on this... When I've played in he mid west they are just as touchy about which runs and plastics their discraft disc are as we are here out west are about innova.

Besides, who invents the discs that we use and who imitates?

Comment

This is why the pros say go to an open field and huk your discs so you will better understand what your discs will do and not be stuck in your head that an Orc is a speed 10 disc with -1 turn, 4 or 5 glide and a 3 fade... Just know that your disc is made to be approximately that type of characteristic and only you will know it's true flight pattern after throwing it a sufficient number of times. And that leads to just about any pro's suggestion to never use a new disc in tournament play because you do not know what it is going to do so therefore you will not throw it right etc..

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                          Besides, who invents the discs that we use and who imitates?
                          Both, actually.

Comment

Has anyone tried the Riot by Latitude 64? You guy's are funny the way you bicker about different brands. Is asking about a Latitude 64 disc neutral? Maybe both Discraft and Innova lovers will hate on the foreign manufacturer together? I just want something more reliable for the Discs I end up replacing the most. I will still throw a lot of Innova and I will still throw my Buzzz. (So, both parties should un bunch there panties) Honestly, we all know Innova doesn't even try to be consistant. I want to find a company that is at least attempting a standard. Again this is for my Max distance drivers, the ones I loose the most. They need to fly as I would expect out of the bag. So far, the Force is on my shopping list. But, I'm curious about that Riot.

Comment

I'd love to try the Riot -- I like the idea of the non-right-angle lip underneath -- but I haven't seen any lighter than 172g.
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X