Destroyer vs Force.... I think I want a more consistent disc manufacturer Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Hi, I'm new to these forums. I heard you all discussing the new Innova Kool-aid and I'd like to try throwing this disc, but I can't find it anywhere! Please help me with this.

    P.S. If no one has information regarding this disc, then please recommend a Discraft equivalent!

    Comment


    • #92
      You might try the eagerly anticipated Discraft Little Hug.
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

      Comment


      • #93
        I think that if you have brand loyalty that is fine, just don't make outragous claims about one or the other. Some differences between the big two is their plastic, def. different feels. Also, midrange has some different diameters. Other than that what feels good in your hand and what gives you confidence.

        We should have a "throwing" party with a bunch of discraft and innova discs with no stamps or markings and see who can correctly guess that most discs. Kind of like a blind taste test between coke and pepsi.
        www.soulpancake.com
        www.bahai.org
        http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by GettinBetter View Post
          We should have a "throwing" party with a bunch of discraft and innova discs with no stamps or markings and see who can correctly guess that most discs. Kind of like a blind taste test between coke and pepsi.
          THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!
          Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
          Remain ye men of faculty complete,
          Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
          Attending to our noble bond and contract?
          Or does here stand the last remaining man
          To give a fig for rules and order yet,
          No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
          Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
          Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

          Comment


          • #95
            innova has great quality control, but very slight differences between all of there discs...even 1 gram can make a big difference. i have thrown 3 discraft discs and thrown the same models that one of my friends owns (buzz, surge, and avenger). not one time could i get a consistent throw out of these dics, discraft needs to hire a third party to take over their quality control. pay attention to your wind conditions (headwind=more understable tailwind=more overstable) and your disc weights as well as plastic type and stiffness, these all affect the stability of the disc

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by tedanner0326 View Post
              innova has great quality control, but very slight differences between all of there discs...even 1 gram can make a big difference. i have thrown 3 discraft discs and thrown the same models that one of my friends owns (buzz, surge, and avenger). not one time could i get a consistent throw out of these dics, discraft needs to hire a third party to take over their quality control. pay attention to your wind conditions (headwind=more understable tailwind=more overstable) and your disc weights as well as plastic type and stiffness, these all affect the stability of the disc
              i think that when you wrote this you must have been halucinating, because you got it TOTALLY backwards. Discraft is the one with the quality control, and innova just shoves discs out the door without caring about consitency! innova has great molds, but their plastic is always changing and it is always inconsistent between runs.
              Team HOSER:dancing:
              Team OLY:cheerleader:
              Team Meteor

              "Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                i think that when you wrote this you must have been halucinating, because you got it TOTALLY backwards. Discraft is the one with the quality control, and innova just shoves discs out the door without caring about consitency! innova has great molds, but their plastic is always changing and it is always inconsistent between runs.
                I don't have a horse in this race. I throw discs made by Innova, Discraft, Gateway, whatever. All I care about is do they fly well, and will they still fly well the next time I throw them.

                Having said that, I think if there are actually greater inconsistencies within the same mold with Innova discs than there are with Discraft, it probably has a lot more to do with total volume of discs produced and sold than anything else. I'm not even sure that's proven to be true, anyway. There are examples of Discraft plastic being wildly inconsistent within the same mold also (Flash anyone?). Assuming it is true though, if you're selling 10 Aviars for every one Magnet (or whatever, just a random example) then there will be 10 times the number in circulation. It follows that there will be 10 times the chance of any 2 Aviars having different flight characteristics than any 2 Magnets due to many variables including ambient temp and humidity conditions during manufacture, more batches of plastic having been used over time, etc, etc...

                I will concede the point that perpetuating myths about plastic is more interesting than the simple facts though.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by TYVEK View Post
                  i think that when you wrote this you must have been halucinating, because you got it TOTALLY backwards. Discraft is the one with the quality control, and innova just shoves discs out the door without caring about consitency! innova has great molds, but their plastic is always changing and it is always inconsistent between runs.
                  Thanks TYVEK! I about had a heart attack when I read that too.

                  So now the experiment needs to be not only blank Innova & Discraft discs but also blank discs of the same mold from different runs...
                  Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                  Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                  Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                  Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                  Or does here stand the last remaining man
                  To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                  No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                  Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                  Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    My #1 slice flies like a #1 hyzer. Now who is really worse off when it comes to quality control?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Tim Price View Post
                      My #1 slice flies like a #1 hyzer. Now who is really worse off when it comes to quality control?
                      Tim, maybe you should take your discussions about Lightning plastic to another forum, we're talking about serious disc golf products here...
                      Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                      Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                      Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                      Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                      Or does here stand the last remaining man
                      To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                      No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                      Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                      Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sausage Fingers View Post
                        Tim, maybe you should take your discussions about Lightning plastic to another forum, we're talking about serious disc golf products here...
                        You sir are right. Now, when will odsa be up again

                        Comment

                        Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X