Destroyer vs Force.... I think I want a more consistent disc manufacturer Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Misspelled discs... how about the Cro? Rhyno? Blurr?
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      Misspelled discs... how about the Cro? Rhyno? Blurr?
      xcalibur?

And what about names? I noticed that "a, n, t, h, a" are missing from "Sam" as well...
      Last edited by snap7times; April 15th, 2009, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
        xcalibur?
        I xcluded XCaliber and XPress from my "misspelled" list on the grounds that they were just having fun with the "X." Of course, "Cro" is wordplay too... I guess they all are, in one way or another.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

And what about names? I noticed that "a, n, t, h, a" are missing from "Sam" as well...

Does snap7times have something to do with a jock strap? Like, you snap them 7 times?
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Actually it's "b, u, s, a" missing from Sam's name. He's a walking, talking, disc-throwing filled pastry.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Actually it's "b, u, s, a" missing from Sam's name. He's a walking, talking, disc-throwing filled pastry.
              Holy crap, that was funny. I had to look it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambusa

Comment

xcalibur?

Hmmm... I have never questioned Sam's gender.

I did however think "Samule" was a more appropriate substitute for "Samuel"; mainly because he's pretty stubborn... and occasionally... a bit of an ass.

But... that's just me.
                "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

ahhhh that is a story about snap7times to tell in person... not a great one but at least a factual one...

Comment

Now if the name were Samuel that would be apt. Creative parents left off everything after the M...
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                      Now if the name were Samuel that would be apt. Creative parents left off everything after the M...
                      Its never too late Sam. I do recall a guy changing his legal name to "Fly Fishing In America" or something like that
                      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

True... or...
                        They Hate Me
                        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                          Its never too late Sam. I do recall a guy changing his legal name to "Fly Fishing In America" or something like that
                          A character in a book, actually: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trout_Fishing_in_America

I'm tempted to abuse my admin powers and change Sam's username to "Samule," but no... not this time.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

And a couple of people, too. From the page you cited:

In March 1994, a teenager named Peter Eastman Jr. from Carpinteria, California legally changed his name to "Trout Fishing in America", and now teaches English in Japan. [2] At around the same time, National Public Radio reported on a young couple who had named their baby "Trout Fishing in America".

Incidentally, Carpinteria is only 25 minutes from Ojai and I threw a Destroyer there but not a Force - just to bring this thread-drift back on track.... kinda.
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

A character in a book, actually: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trout_Fishing_in_America

I'm tempted to abuse my admin powers and change Sam's username to "Samule," but no... not this time.
                              That Wiki talks about the guy who changed his name. He didn't live too far from me at the time, so I saw the news article when it happened.

I must confess that would not be my first choice for a new name...

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                                Incidentally, Carpinteria is only 25 minutes from Ojai and I threw a Destroyer there but not a Force - just to bring this thread-drift back on track.... kinda.
                                Nice try.
                                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X