X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Bruce Murphy put a second drive about 25 feet short of the first trees. Had to have been 530-540 feet. Brian Breece followed a group or two back putting one to the evergreen at the side of the parking lot - maybe 490 or so. Discs were flying super sweet on Sunday.
    I'll take my metering wheel out there when I play next. I really think it's only about 485-500 to the tree line.

Heck, hopefully I'm wrong and we can all throw further than I think, but I'm not convinced yet.

Comment

Truthfully, I was going by the 689 number and it doesn't seem right to me, either. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about throwing it to the tree line.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Wow, I stand corrected. I just "google earthed" it and it's reporting to be right at 689 from teepad to long placement. I know google earth isn't perfect, but it's not often off by too much.

Sorry for not having the faith guys. Here are the measurements on hole four as per google earth:

Teepad to basket: 689'
        Teepad to last parking spot on left: 435'
        Teepad to treeline: 560'
        Teepad to trunk of cedar on left: 520'
        Teepad to short pin: 530'

I'm still going to take my wheel out. Something still seems a bit fishy.
        Last edited by gwillim; April 7th, 2009, 09:29 AM. Reason: typo.

Comment

Fortunately, I don't have to worry about throwing it to the tree line.
          You're lucky, it's a pain the ass to try to throw from there anyhow. Leaves nothing by an awkward overhand shot or blind forehand roller of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
            You're lucky, it's a pain the ass to try to throw from there anyhow. Leaves nothing by an awkward overhand shot or blind forehand roller of some sort.
            Yes Sam, you are so lucky you can't throw it 500. Those poor, unfortunate bastards...

Comment

Originally posted by gwillim View Post
              Wow, I stand corrected. I just "google earthed" it and it's reporting to be right at 689 from teepad to long placement. I know google earth isn't perfect, but it's not often off by too much.

Sorry for not having the faith guys. Here are the measurements on hole four as per google earth:

Teepad to basket: 689'
              Teepad to last parking spot on left: 435'
              Teepad to treeline: 560'
              Teepad to trunk of cedar on left: 520'
              Teepad to short pin: 530'

I'm still going to take my wheel out. Something still seems a bit fishy.
              I agree. I seem to throw awfully far on that hole according to the tee sign. I was just past the big cedar on the left.

Comment

Wait... does #4 have two teepads?
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yes.
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Yes.
                    That explains my confusion, anyway. I don't think I've ever noticed, or played from, the long one. According to GE, it's about 90 feet back of the short one.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                      That explains my confusion, anyway. I don't think I've ever noticed, or played from, the long one. According to GE, it's about 90 feet back of the short one.

That is about right i was thinking 100"+ but that's close enough.
                      "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I am sure this is it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtUt_DIvoh8
                        The first hole is the hole we are talking about... 90-100 feet seems right for teepad to teepad.... now Chandler's drive looks to be in the 400-450 range, Rico's was about 425... If Chandler's drive was 450, his 2nd throw looks like 150-200... 689 is another extra 40-50 feet if he tossed 450 then 200... I throw a nice annny like Mccabe and my 2nd shot will get in less than 50 feet and I can't connect a 300 anny with 350 anny or hyzer depending on placement... so I think 580-600 seems more realistic, butttt then again roll the wheel mr Gwillim and let's see what that says...
                        If i am wrong on anything I just said, forgive me...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X