Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently, my 172 old-mold Pro Line Beast is flying the farthest, hands down.

I just recently put a 169 champ Destroyer back in my bag (High Speed Driver Boycott) and haven't been able to beat the Beast with it yet.
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
      Currently, my 172 old-mold Pro Line Beast is flying the farthest, hands down.

I just recently put a 169 champ Destroyer back in my bag (High Speed Driver Boycott) and haven't been able to beat the Beast with it yet.
      Just a small fyi, star and proline destroyers will fly better and farther than champion destroyers, just a mere observation and feedback from 20+ destroyer throwers. Star and pro wraiths are good for those who dont have the power to turn the destroyers. But for sure would crush a beast if the right disc is thrown from the wraith/destroyer family.

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
        Star SL, 168ish. AND just for McGrews benefit...it's a beautiful Blue.

Bob

For me:
        167g champ groove (mainstream run--not 1st run ) in the air.
        And yes it's blue--especially beautiful, sparkly blue when outfitted with my blue LED.

On the ground, my dark blue 167 star sidewinder goes further most of the time...

Comment

169g Star Destroyer just added to the bag feels like it glides forever and ever...

I can see the Bosses I have getting up there but they are so damned overstable that it is hard to get them to go as far as other drivers. I think I need a lighter one.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
            It went around 600 something, with a slight downhill help
            slight??

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            169g Star Destroyer
            That's what I was gonna say
            Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
            Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

12x star wraith is my longest driver. The beater the better haha. I throw it on a hyzer line and it just flips straight for ever. They go just as far as my star destroyers with the same snap but fly straighter and fade a bit less at the end. Think Hole 14 at pier straight through the middle gap. MmM I love me the wraith.

Comment

Threw my longest drive to date on Friday at Milo. Hole #4 of the 27 layout. Threw a 174 pro Valkyrie. I was about 130ft from the basket. I was SHOCKED!!

Comment

You did what?!

Comment

Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                    You did what?!
                    Ya, I was shocked too. It was probably a 550ft drive. I have witnesses. I'll admit that I had a tailwind and it was my 4th or 5th drive.

Comment

Yeah, but you didn't have any slight downhill help!

Comment

I believe my longest measured drive is with a 168 champion wraith. The driver that consistently gets me the most distance is a 163 Champion Wraith.

I have not had too much luck with the Boss and Groove. I think I can throw my teebirds farther than those discs.
                        Current World Rank: 2857th
                        Lowest Rated Round: 777
                        Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                        Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                        Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                        Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                        Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                        Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                          Threw my longest drive to date on Friday at Milo. Hole #4 of the 27 layout. Threw a 174 pro Valkyrie. I was about 130ft from the basket. I was SHOCKED!!
                          Isn't that hole measured to be 550-580 feet? So the drive was in the 450 range?

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                            Isn't that hole measured to be 550-580 feet? So the drive was in the 450 range?
                            Nope, the tee sign says 689ft in the long placement. Which is where the basket was.

Comment

Bruce Murphy put a second drive about 25 feet short of the first trees. Had to have been 530-540 feet. Brian Breece followed a group or two back putting one to the evergreen at the side of the parking lot - maybe 490 or so. Discs were flying super sweet on Sunday.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                                Nope, the tee sign says 689ft in the long placement. Which is where the basket was.
                                I don't want to be a downer, but I question the validity of the tee sign on that one. I really don't think it's 689'. I would put it more at an even 600', maybe a few feet more.

I could totally be wrong, but it just seems a little too easy to get there no matter where your first throw lands.

That's still a big pump regardless, did you make it past the tree line? Pro Valks will go forever with the right angle, height, and tailwind!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X