X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Groove?

I am just curious about who has tried this disc and fell in love with it like I have? Its basically a more understable Boss, with a groove on the underside rim. for me, once i was able to get comfy with the grooved underside, its a money disc. I pretty much know exactly what its gonna do, and how to get it almost exactly where I want it. Thats how I aced with it at Wortman.
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
    I am just curious about who has tried this disc and fell in love with it like I have? [...] I pretty much know exactly what its gonna do, and how to get it almost exactly where I want it. Thats how I aced with it at Wortman.
    I absolutely love the disc. For me, it kind of seems to behave like a faster and "loftier" version of a Valkyrie--nice and gentle S turns. It is quickly becoming my one of my go-to drivers with the Destroyer, Monarch, and Avenger SS.
    TROJAN NATION #22: Sweet Baby Jesus and the Orphans

Comment

For me, as a forehand driver, its got a very gentle fade at the beginning then a nice hard turn at the end. pretty much a very slow, but fast (speed 13) S flight.

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
        For me, as a forehand driver, its got a very gentle fade at the beginning then a nice hard turn at the end. pretty much a very slow, but fast (speed 13) S flight.
        Maybe its because I'm a backhand thrower, or maybe its because I mainly use very overstable drivers, but I don't experience the harder turn at the end (could just be in comparison to the Destroyer)--great gentle fades though. It does have a nice turn at the end of my throws, and really flies like my Valk did--just longer in the air and much much farther.

Comment

This disc does it all it's fast and controlable it has helped me with a little more D also this and my 172 star wraith are all a man needs. I just hope that we will see the grrove in star plastic soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty B View Post
            This disc does it all it's fast and controlable it has helped me with a little more D also this and my 172 star wraith are all a man needs. I just hope that we will see the grrove in star plastic soon.
            I'm hoping for the same with the Monarch. Looks like there are some fundraiser Star discs for the Monarch and Groove right now, but no regular Star Grooves or Monarch,

https://www.discgolfvalues.com/store...&productId=266

Comment

in the new FDM, a master guy tests out 3 discs, the monarch got 3rd out of the 3 discs... The groove has not been very good to me as opposed to my boss and destroyers...

Comment

I saw someone mention one of their favorite discs as being the groove. I have acouple that I won that have been sitting in the closet for some time as I didn't really like the flight of them very much. I don't know anyone who throws them.

Anybody throwing these discs, why or why not?
                Read this ^

Comment

I don't really like the groove or monarch personally. I like to throw understable plastic, so I am excited about the katana.

Comment

The Katana is where it's at! Great high speed disc that is easy to control. I found the groove to be a little harder to control.
                    "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
                    -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

Avenger SS/Slipstream GT.
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I throw the Groove for turnover drives because I dont have a leopard that will execute that shot for me right now. It starts out pretty stable, but after a while they fly like they should.
                        www.soulpancake.com
                        www.bahai.org
                        http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                          I saw someone mention one of their favorite discs as being the groove. I have acouple that I won that have been sitting in the closet for some time as I didn't really like the flight of them very much. I don't know anyone who throws them.

Anybody throwing these discs, why or why not?
                          I love the Groove, good D on it, and very controllable. If you dont want them, maybe I can get them from you?

Comment

I bought one because I kept seeing them on the course and they all look really gummy, like good enough to take a bite out of. So I got a red gummy Champ one in my ideal weight, 5.9260256 ounces.
                            It was marked at 5.8907516 ounces, but I weighed it twice at Chainbangers when I bought it, both times it came up with the first number.
                            Too understable to be a good FH for me , and my Boss flys farther BH, so it lives in the box.
                            Star Monarch I use alla time though.

Comment

I throw forehand only. If you can control a groove than it is money. To me, it has a very similar "S" flight like a Beast does. I started with a Beast as my driver, so this disc works great for me. Like a Beast, but faster.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X