Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro plastic going away

I found a post on another thread.
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dave, is pro plastic being fazed out? it doesn't seem to be as many molds as there was 2 years ago. any chance of a pro gator?
    thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, we have been phasing out Pro driver plastic. If we have a Pro Gator, it will be in the other Pro plastics like KC or JK.

I only have one pro plastic disc myself, and its not one that I use much, but I know some of you rely on your pro discs, I see alot of them when I'm out playing.
    I guess its just not popular enough, or profitable enough to keep making it.

So start buying up all the old stock right away !!!
    5 years from now you could probably get a couple hundy for a clean max weight Destroyer on Ebay.

D'OH!

I just made a conscious decision to start moving to Pro plastic almost exclusively. What great timing!

Comment

It wears out too fast.
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

As opposed to some other types of plastic that were discontinued, seemingly because they didn't wear out fast enough.

BTW, CE isn't mower-proof.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

My Valks are Pro, and that is my main go to driver. The only reason I am throwing Pro though is because I can't find any Valks in Champion plastic in the 160g range. It is so hard to find that weight. I have managed to find that weight in my other drivers Sidewinder, Roadrunner, Firebird, Monarch, Orc, but not the Valk. I will keep looking though even more so since the Pro is going away.

Cindy
          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
            It wears out too fast.
            That hasn't been my experience. Maybe because I don't throw into trees.

I find most of the pro stuff tends to be too stable for my wimpy arm when new, so it breaks in to just how I like it - extending the shelf life for me.

I also really like the gippiness of the plastic much more than Champion or Star.

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
              My Valks are Pro, and that is my main go to driver. The only reason I am throwing Pro though is because I can't find any Valks in Champion plastic in the 160g range. It is so hard to find that weight.
              Are you okay with Star plastic? DiscGolfCenter.com has 23 Star Valks in stock at 161g, and 28 more at 162g.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                Are you okay with Star plastic? DiscGolfCenter.com has 23 Star Valks in stock at 161g, and 28 more at 162g.

Thanks Adam I did see that. The Disc Golf Center rocks that is where I have found most of my lighter drivers. For some reason I do not like the Star plastic for my divers. Feels too slippy to me. If I can't find a Champion in that weight, and my Pro finally needs to be replaced I will probably give Star another shot. It does seems like it is easier to find Star in that weight for some reason.

Cindy
                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

Comment

Yeah, I dunno why, but Champion Valkyries have a huge gap between 150g and 167g. Actually, a number of Innova molds are like that... but I still don't get why it's easy to find Orcs, Starfires, Beasts, and Sidewinders in the 160g-164g range, but not Valks.
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Star plastic is supposed to be more grippy than champion plastic, but star breaks in faster... I like my pro firebird and destroyers... wish they still made CE and Pro..

Comment

APRIL FOOLS!

Unless of course you are able to provide a link to this so called "Pro Plastic Discontinuation Claim"

Comment

Originally posted by maccallum View Post
                        Unless of course you are able to provide a link to this so called "Pro Plastic Discontinuation Claim"
                        You mean like this, from 12/16/08?
                        http://discussion.pdga.com/msgboard/...4925&type=post
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by maccallum View Post
                          APRIL FOOLS!

I love the paranoia on April Fools!!
                          PDGA President

Comment

Wow. That is a well thought out April fools prank. A stroke of genius starting 3.5 months in advance.

Comment

I stand corrected. I just didn't want to believe it

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X