Is this totally bogus? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is this totally bogus?

    http://cgi.ebay.com/red-CE-Firebird-...3286.m20.l1116

    Dude claims this is a CE Firebird FL with a Panther stamp and that only two exist.

    First of all - did they even make a CE FL? I thought the FL was a relative newer invention, after they discontined CE.

    Second - A panther stamp? What makes this dude think it's a Firebird if it has a panther stamp? Looks like a panther to me. Are there any know instances where the wrong stamp was put on a disc (and that disc was released)?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Scott View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/red-CE-Firebird-...3286.m20.l1116

    Dude claims this is a CE Firebird FL with a Panther stamp and that only two exist.

    First of all - did they even make a CE FL? I thought the FL was a relative newer invention, after they discontined CE.

    Second - A panther stamp? What makes this dude think it's a Firebird if it has a panther stamp? Looks like a panther to me. Are there any know instances where the wrong stamp was put on a disc (and that disc was released)?

    YES, it has been known to happen

    I have 4 Roc's - each with different stamps..
    Stingray, Viper, Shark & PANTHER

    They work GREAT for those people who watch what YOU throw...

    "Was that a Stingray? How come mine didnt fly like yours?"


    Cant be too sure about THIS disc being CE though......
    Looking at the Guys feedback, shows that he MIGHT just have what he says...

    I DOUBT that he has the ONLY 2...No WAY for him to verify that.

    If he has one AND his buddy had 1, chances are that there are more of them out there.

    Comment


    • #3
      They definitely made ce fl firebirds. I think the first runs were all FL. I think my dark red 178 CE FL Firebird is a first run. They made FL firebirds, f firebirds, and fx firebirds all in CE.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ChainBanger View Post
        They definitely made ce fl firebirds. I think the first runs were all FL.
        True fact. They were awesome, too.
        Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

        Comment


        • #5
          It does appear to be the right shade of RED.

          I have bought discs from him off of ebay.
          I had no problems.

          oh yea i have a fl but it is a firebird stamp........dang
          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

          :cheers:

          :cool:sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            I think I may have a rare beauty here at home... I begged Lat 64 for quite a bit, and they finally stamped me an Opto Riot with the Gripline Spike stamp on it. It very well could be the only one in existence.
            The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ChainBanger View Post
              They definitely made ce fl firebirds. I think the first runs were all FL. I think my dark red 178 CE FL Firebird is a first run. They made FL firebirds, f firebirds, and fx firebirds all in CE.
              Not quite true. I have 5 1st run CE firebirds. I have 2 that are flat top FX first run CE firebirds!! Both rainbow stamps against that blood red disc!! Hmmm... Maybe I am too much of a collector.. NAH!!!!!
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


              • #8
                I got a 2/25 Proto Glo Pheonix... who knows how many of these are left?

                Comment


                • #9
                  When Firebirds came out, they were FL molds, but they did not call it that, they just called it F, since there was no other mold to differentiate from. Then they made a modified mold, more overstable, with a lip on the edge, and called it FX. Then they began to mark the original mold discs with FL to show the difference. Today, Firebirds are back to just F, but they are FX molds. Also, you can still get FLs, but only in glow CFR plastic.

                  I love the FL mold, it will actually fly straight, while still being overstable. The FX mold is great for thumbers and tommies. The Champion Edition Firebird (F) is the ONE disc that I actually hoard - I have several of them, NOT FOR SALE, GIFT, OR TRADE!

                  Oh, also I ain't lettin' go of my last heavy CE Leopard, either... (a lightly used backup to my everyday thrower, and the last remaining CE in my bag )
                  Last edited by TreeLove; March 28th, 2009, 12:24 PM.
                  Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                  Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                  Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                  Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                  Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    the original CE coming from the factory were FL.

                    We can back to the very first CE ones that were coming out almost transparent Red and Blue. Those were Gazelles and I think it was Leopards. Those discs had the small innova star on the center. The first CE firebird were the dark "candy" red ones with either yellow/black/rainbow/white hot stamps. These discs all clearly had FL on the bottom. Later on the started releasing the F and FX edition of the CE firebird. These versions came in more colors than just red.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Jeez that's confusing...

                      I have a CE Firebird FX that feels like Pro plastic. Flies much more flippy than a stock Champion Firebird. I have not tried a new Star FL. How would a brand new Star FL compare with the older CE Firebird variations?
                      Steve
                      http://www.BullseyeDiscGolf.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                        When Firebirds came out, they were FL molds, but they did not call it that, they just called it F, since there was no other mold to differentiate from. Then they made a modified mold, more overstable, with a lip on the edge, and called it FX. Then they began to mark the original mold discs with FL to show the difference. Today, Firebirds are back to just F, but they are FX molds. Also, you can still get FLs, but only in glow CFR plastic.

                        I love the FL mold, it will actually fly straight, while still being overstable. The FX mold is great for thumbers and tommies. The Champion Edition Firebird (F) is the ONE disc that I actually hoard - I have several of them, NOT FOR SALE, GIFT, OR TRADE!

                        Oh, also I ain't lettin' go of my last heavy CE Leopard, either... (a lightly used backup to my everyday thrower, and the last remaining CE in my bag )
                        Treelove has this spot on......

                        The Star FLs I have seen are no where near as flat as the 1st run CE FLs (stamped F but FL mold) I have.

                        Comment

                        Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X