X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharpie removal on discs

Hey I have a lot of discs that I do not throw anymore, but are still in great condition. I would like to donate, trade, or maybe sell at some point. I was wondering if there is a good method of removing sharpie ink from discs.

Thanks,
    Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
    Hey I have a lot of discs that I do not throw anymore, but are still in great condition. I would like to donate, trade, or maybe sell at some point. I was wondering if there is a good method of removing sharpie ink from discs.

Thanks,
    Cindy
    I've had mixed results. Sometimes acetone works like a champ, and other times it only fades it.

I've heard that you can scribble over the writing with a dry erase marker and then erase it - and both markers will come off. I have yet to test this method.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      I've had mixed results. Sometimes acetone works like a champ, and other times it only fades it.
      Hey thanks Scott I tried the dry erase method, and it worked pretty well. Actually though just using a pencil eraser worked even better. Only on the dx and pro plastic though not on the star or champion. Still looking for a good method to get the sharpie off of those.

Cindy
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

I find that returning the discs to their actual owners works the best...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
          I find that returning the discs to their actual owners works the best...
          I am the actual owner of these discs. They are discs that I no longer throw, and want to donate,trade, or sell, and I do not want my contact info on them anymore.

Cindy
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

Comment

Do you have proof of purchase, receipts, photo documentation of you holding these said discs?
            That reminds me, better take pictures of my new discs...

Comment

I only know that acetone doesn't work on FLX.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I haven't been in these forums for very long but it's hard to tell if Snap7 is trying to be funny or is just an ass

Comment

Originally posted by CasaNovaSS View Post
                  I haven't been in these forums for very long but it's hard to tell if Snap7 is trying to be funny or is just an ass
                  He's a funny kind of ass.

Comment

yeah, i figured he's just messing around, but it's hard to tell sarcasm when reading and not knowing the person.

Back to the sharpie on the discs, I just tried some stuff we have here for removing ink on plastic and it didn't even work for the champ plastic and I've never seen this stuff fail before. But I have found that after I lose one in a bush the ink must just vanish because I've never had one returned.

Comment

I've tried nail polish remover, rubbing alcohol (as in the prep pads), and just scribbing over it with a darker marker. Sometimes it takes more than one time to remove the old information.
                      Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                      DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

yeah, i figured he's just messing around, but it's hard to tell sarcasm when reading and not knowing the person.
                        Just remember - if you call him an ass to his face be sure to talk REAL LOUD.

Comment

But I have found that after I lose one in a bush the ink must just vanish because I've never had one returned.

^^^^ We have a winner^^^^

i have thought the same thing over the last 10 years getting only like 5-6 returned out of prob. 40+ lost/left......
                          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment