Sharpie removal on discs Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sharpie removal on discs

    Hey I have a lot of discs that I do not throw anymore, but are still in great condition. I would like to donate, trade, or maybe sell at some point. I was wondering if there is a good method of removing sharpie ink from discs.

    Thanks,
    Cindy
    Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
    2013 Chick Flick co-TD
    Stumptown #176
    PDGA #37716

  • #2
    Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
    Hey I have a lot of discs that I do not throw anymore, but are still in great condition. I would like to donate, trade, or maybe sell at some point. I was wondering if there is a good method of removing sharpie ink from discs.

    Thanks,
    Cindy
    I've had mixed results. Sometimes acetone works like a champ, and other times it only fades it.

    I've heard that you can scribble over the writing with a dry erase marker and then erase it - and both markers will come off. I have yet to test this method.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Scott View Post
      I've had mixed results. Sometimes acetone works like a champ, and other times it only fades it.
      Hey thanks Scott I tried the dry erase method, and it worked pretty well. Actually though just using a pencil eraser worked even better. Only on the dx and pro plastic though not on the star or champion. Still looking for a good method to get the sharpie off of those.

      Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

      Comment


      • #4
        I find that returning the discs to their actual owners works the best...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by snap7times View Post
          I find that returning the discs to their actual owners works the best...
          I am the actual owner of these discs. They are discs that I no longer throw, and want to donate,trade, or sell, and I do not want my contact info on them anymore.

          Cindy
          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
          Stumptown #176
          PDGA #37716

          Comment


          • #6
            Do you have proof of purchase, receipts, photo documentation of you holding these said discs?
            That reminds me, better take pictures of my new discs...

            Comment


            • #7
              I only know that acetone doesn't work on FLX.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

              Comment


              • #8
                I haven't been in these forums for very long but it's hard to tell if Snap7 is trying to be funny or is just an ass

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CasaNovaSS View Post
                  I haven't been in these forums for very long but it's hard to tell if Snap7 is trying to be funny or is just an ass
                  He's a funny kind of ass.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    yeah, i figured he's just messing around, but it's hard to tell sarcasm when reading and not knowing the person.

                    Back to the sharpie on the discs, I just tried some stuff we have here for removing ink on plastic and it didn't even work for the champ plastic and I've never seen this stuff fail before. But I have found that after I lose one in a bush the ink must just vanish because I've never had one returned.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I've tried nail polish remover, rubbing alcohol (as in the prep pads), and just scribbing over it with a darker marker. Sometimes it takes more than one time to remove the old information.
                      Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                      DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CasaNovaSS View Post
                        yeah, i figured he's just messing around, but it's hard to tell sarcasm when reading and not knowing the person.
                        Just remember - if you call him an ass to his face be sure to talk REAL LOUD.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CasaNovaSS View Post
                          But I have found that after I lose one in a bush the ink must just vanish because I've never had one returned.


                          ^^^^ We have a winner^^^^


                          i have thought the same thing over the last 10 years getting only like 5-6 returned out of prob. 40+ lost/left......
                          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

                          :cheers:

                          :cool:sigpic

                          Comment