X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The DX XD: Sam Makes a Confession

I told Jamie that I wouldn't post this but I kinda feel I have to...

Pulled up to Milo yesterday and realized that I had done what most anyone who has ever putted in their backyard has done... stuffed my dg bag into the car without my putters. Jamie had nothing but XDs so I grabbed one of those and borrowed an Aviar-X from Bruce (still have that, Bruce!).

I started with the Aviar-X but figured I had a chance to use a new disc that might just do something for me. It did.

Took some getting used to as it is much more shallow than an Aviar but by the time I got to 18 of the 27, I was clearly feeling it. First shot was a turd. For my second, I threw a forehand roller that put me in the opening to the field - still probably 45 out. Jump putt with the XD, nothing but chains to save the par.

19 of the 27, I had another turd drive and a worse upshot due to poor footing. Was about 85 feet out and decided to jump putt with the XD again. I missed but I didn't miss by much - such that I was becoming convinced.

20 of the 27. Decent drive put me past the am tee and up the hill so I was just about in view of the basket. Threw the Boss and was about 70 feet short and to the left of the basket but with an open look. Jump putted again and it was as if the basket had a giant XD magnet in it. Straight line right at the strong side and it got ALL of it and sunk into the bucket for a 3.

So... I stole Jamie's XD and it is now sitting in the putter pocket where it will share time with the Aviar-X. I am not really sure how this will all play out but it is hard to argue with a disc that flies so straight and holds its line as long as an XD. I just felt that the putts that I would normally come up short on with my Aviar called for an XD putt and I was not short at all due to a better glide.

We'll see. I hope I don't hurt anyone's brain by being pro-Aviar and also pro-XD.

There, Jamie... I admitted it. I MIGHT have POSSIBLY been SLIGHTLY mistaken when I said bad things about your putter. Sorry.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Your buddy Jerry loves the XD

Everyone should have a least one in the bag.

Comment

If you want something that flies straight and holds the line, you might try a new Dart too.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

OK, I was mildly shocked when Sam played nice with JubJub last week.
        Now he's admitting that he "MIGHT have POSSIBLY been SLIGHTLY mistaken" (Oh hell, it's a start).
        For that matter, Sam is going to confession?!?

Is this the End of Days?

Comment

I thought I heard a trumpet blaring when that putt went in on 20... Someone check the seals!
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Scott, this picture of hell just in, yep you're right ... frozen over
            educate your thinking

Comment

I believe the next appropriate post on this thread should be from Jamie, simply saying.........I TOLD YOU SO!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                I believe the next appropriate post on this thread should be from Jamie, simply saying.........I TOLD YOU SO!

Bob
                I am inappropriate, sorry i could not wait.....

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

XD's are freaking awesome. I just wish Innova would agree with me and make them out of half decent plastic. The DX plastic Innova used for XD's is Fing garbage . I just wish they would make it out of hard DX plastic, or the same plastic KC aviars are made of. That would be heavenly

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                    XD's are freaking awesome. I just wish Innova would agree with me and make them out of half decent plastic. The DX plastic Innova used for XD's is Fing garbage . I just wish they would make it out of hard DX plastic, or the same plastic KC aviars are made of. That would be heavenly
                    I'd dig a Pro XD.

Comment

Sam, get your own XD, and give Jamie back her putter.

Comment

They don't make the XD in other plastic than DX because DX plastic ages the quickest forcing XD lovers to buy new discs. Plus the XD is used usually for short midrange/putter throws, so the opportunity to lose the XD isn't as great as with longer flying discs.

It is a conspiracy on Innova's part, they are trying to make money off XD throwers specifically. This is a discriminatory practice. Where is Jub when you need him? This is perfect opportunity for him to "call out" Innova and the rose colored glasses the company wears.

Comment

I love my XD. Being somewhat new to the sport I have tried other putters, but I always come back to my XD. I have small hands, and it just fits me better.

Cindy
                          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

I have Star XDs for sale, let me know if you are interested.
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

A possible explanation for Sam's new love of the XD...

I started putting with Aviar P&A. As soon as I switched to an XD my putting improved greatly - it was a complete transformation - for a couple of rounds. Things leveled off, and eventually I was right where I started. I switch to JK Aviars and the same thing happened - I was a putting maniac....for a few rounds. Recently, I bought a few 3x JK Aviars and a couple of Pigs. Last time I played I putted with one of those and did much better than average.

I told someone about this phenomenon once, and they gave me this theory: When you switch putters, it feels different, and your mind knows it's different, so you subconsciously pay more attention to you putting. You may think you give putting 100% attention and concentration, but when you change putters your mind kicks it up a notch.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X