Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you are saying makes a lot of sense, Scott. I guess time will tell. I wonder what using two different putters will do for my putting. Will I be forced to think about it seriously every time?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      I told someone about this phenomenon once, and they gave me this theory: When you switch putters, it feels different, and your mind knows it's different, so you subconsciously pay more attention to you putting. You may think you give putting 100% attention and concentration, but when you change putters your mind kicks it up a notch.
      I completely agree with that. I recently got a new KC Pro putter and the first round I used it in I was dead on the entire time. I knew the putter probably had little to do with it but I just couldn't believe that I was able to putt so consistently well that day. I've since fallen off a bit but I'm trying more to concentrate on even the short putts. Sometimes I just get lazy, that's when birdies turn to pars.

Comment

HA! I thought maybe it was those rounds of competitive doubles we've played that might have swayed you. Yes, and Jamie told you so!!!!!
        Putting......heh...EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD!

Comment

It's definitely the archer not the arrow.

However, my putter choice is based on feel and flight. The XD is very shallow making it quick and smooth out of the hand. XDs fly straight and fast allowing me to putt relatively softer than say an Aviar from the same distance.

And again back to the crappy plastic rant. My XDs were soft and pliable down at the memorial. I prefer stiff putters.

The low quality plastic has me dabling in the putter market. I recently bought a couple pro-D challengers, DX aviars, soft magics, and pro spikes. I don't really like any of them as much as my DX XDs.

The DX Aviar flies really freaking straight, but its so slow and I have to put it really hard outside 30', and it comes out of my hand weird since I'm used to a putter about half the depth.

The Pro Spikes feel much like an XD but they're pretty overstable and have to be putted with a lot of anhyzer from outside 30'.

The pro-D challengers are nice, putt very well but are very overstable compared to an XD.

And the soft magics have a good flight but don't fit right in my hand.

That's the putter market according to Sean Phillips.

Comment

Picking up a new guitar always seemed to make my playing better. I'm convinced the NEW PUTTER SYNDROME has something to it. Nothing is so effective as mass practice. I remember I used to do that a long time ago. It was back before my putting became flat and marginal. Strange, that.
            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I think I need another XD or two for practice sessions. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of having both of these discs in my bag. But I will need a back-up of each in the bag, as well.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I SOOOO TOLD YOU SO!!! There was much smirking and strutting going on at Milo Sunday. Someday he will learn that I am always right.

Comment

I knew that that was coming...

Ah, somedays...
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X