Eagle-L? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eagle-L?

    I've heard some people talking about an Eagle-L versus an Eagle-X and I was wondering what the difference was. I throw a KC Pro Eagle right now and I really like the straight flight pattern for straight flicks. I was wondering which disc (L or X) would be most comparable to my KC Pro in flight pattern.

    Any help and advice is appreciated!

  • #2
    Originally posted by jshryr View Post
    I've heard some people talking about an Eagle-L versus an Eagle-X and I was wondering what the difference was. I throw a KC Pro Eagle right now and I really like the straight flight pattern for straight flicks. I was wondering which disc (L or X) would be most comparable to my KC Pro in flight pattern.

    Any help and advice is appreciated!
    Eagle-L: Less Stable

    Eagle-X: More Stable

    I'd say you're probably looking for an Eagle-L, but I think the two molds compliment each other.

    I use the Teebird-L / Teebird-X combination myself. They're very similar in flight characteristics.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

    Comment


    • #3
      Eagle-Ls are out of production in premium plastics (damnit).
      If you were to go but an Eagle in stores, it'll be an Eagle-X.

      I myself have been on the hunt for Eagle-Ls but haven't found any other than the two I bought in glow plastic. If you're interested in one or both of them, send me a message. They're both 174 champion glow.
      Brody Cannon
      PDGA #34008

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jshryr View Post
        I've heard some people talking about an Eagle-L versus an Eagle-X and I was wondering what the difference was. I throw a KC Pro Eagle right now and I really like the straight flight pattern for straight flicks. I was wondering which disc (L or X) would be most comparable to my KC Pro in flight pattern.

        Any help and advice is appreciated!
        All Eagles, including your KC Pro, are either X or L mold.
        It has to do with the shape of the wing.
        The " L " wing you can almost draw a straight line from the bottom of the wing, to the outside edge.
        The " X " wing is concave in the same area.
        The concave wing reduces glide and increases fade.

        I have 11X KC Pro Eagles in both molds.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TheCannon View Post
          Eagle-Ls are out of production in premium plastics (damnit).
          If you were to go but an Eagle in stores, it'll be an Eagle-X.

          I myself have been on the hunt for Eagle-Ls but haven't found any other than the two I bought in glow plastic. If you're interested in one or both of them, send me a message. They're both 174 champion glow.
          EL's are not out of production for the record. They just aren't specified on ordering sheets from Innova. So they mix in X and L molds without telling distributors about it. This has been a common theme the last couple of years.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by captain jack View Post
            All Eagles, including your KC Pro, are either X or L mold.
            It has to do with the shape of the wing.
            The " L " wing you can almost draw a straight line from the bottom of the wing, to the outside edge.
            The " X " wing is concave in the same area.
            The concave wing reduces glide and increases fade.

            I have 11X KC Pro Eagles in both molds.
            From that description, it sounds like my KC is an X mold. If I understand what you are saying, an eagle-x is going to fly and finish straighter, is that correct?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bruce View Post
              EL's are not out of production for the record. They just aren't specified on ordering sheets from Innova. So they mix in X and L molds without telling distributors about it. This has been a common theme the last couple of years.
              You sure about that? I have been in contact with a lot of people and no one can seem to find me any ELs... And trust me, I've been looking.
              Brody Cannon
              PDGA #34008

              Comment


              • #8
                I know HukLab and Disc Golf Depot have had a number of them come in over the last couples years. One part to my frustration because all they were getting were EL's and I was needing new EX"s.

                Also, just as a more recent example, the Fling had a number of stock champion EL's with the BSF stamp on them this year.

                Comment


                • #9


                  The difference between the two discs. Just in case you didn't know what the visual difference was.
                  "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                  Cleveland Brown

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Eagle X''s have a beaded edge- L's don't...
                    Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bruce View Post
                      I know HukLab and Disc Golf Depot have had a number of them come in over the last couples years. One part to my frustration because all they were getting were EL's and I was needing new EX"s.

                      Also, just as a more recent example, the Fling had a number of stock champion EL's with the BSF stamp on them this year.
                      In color? Or glow? I've only seen glow ones...
                      Brody Cannon
                      PDGA #34008

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Color

                        Comment

                        Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X