• Show
Clear All

• westside discs

i love the lat64 thread, and often refer to it for info
    so i thought i would start one for westside stuff

i just picked up a VIP 170 underworld and a VIP 171 stag

the stag is going to replace my ch 148 banshee and ch 168 teebird
    (thats the plan anyway, we will see)
    and the underworld is replacing my 156 diamond and 144 starlite roadrunner for understable duties.

i think these will good replacements, as i am trying to move up in weight for these spots

any info/experience with these 2 discs (or other westside discs) would be helpful
    when i get a few throws on them i will report back

I picked up the Underworld 170g VIP and have been loving it! Mine is pretty beat up and can get big anhyzer shots or stay straight as an arrow depending on what you need. The VIP is super durable and has great grip off the shelf. I will definitely be purchasing some more westside discs.

Comment

i just have to say that the "King" is a amazing driver! especially for noodle arms, and for an extra bonus it comes in Opto Air plastic!
      Team HOSER:dancing:
      Team OLY:cheerleader:
      Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Opto Air king is my favorite roller. Boatman is my go to mild headwind driver for a predictable straight flight when I'm worried about the halo changing its plan mid flight, or being too stable. Giant and Sword are discs that go in and out of my bag depending on the course.
        PDGA# 49616
        Stumptown# 353
        OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Love my VIP Underworld. Love the Grippiness of it. It handles all my long Anhyzer duties.
          Board Member of the West Sound Disc Golf Association
          Like us on Facebook! Facebook.com/WSDGA

Comment

I throw a VIP warship and love the fact that it's like a buzz when spinning. I do find that if there isn't enough spin (on purpose or not) it flys like a manhole cover. When I throw it without spin (I like the fairway upshot on #3 highbridge spokane) it will drop out of the sky before turning (most of the time). On #15, I constantly overthrow the basket by 20ft when my aim is dead on.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
              i love the lat64 thread, and often refer to it for info
              so i thought i would start one for westside stuff

i just picked up a VIP 170 underworld and a VIP 171 stag

the stag is going to replace my ch 148 banshee and ch 168 teebird
              (thats the plan anyway, we will see)
              and the underworld is replacing my 156 diamond and 144 starlite roadrunner for understable duties.

i think these will good replacements, as i am trying to move up in weight for these spots

any info/experience with these 2 discs (or other westside discs) would be helpful
              when i get a few throws on them i will report back
              I got. Few throws on them last night
              The stag was pretty nice, feels great in the hand
              It flys about like my teebird no zig, just zag
              I also got a nice long anny on it, into a med headwind off of #10 at shelton springs

The underworld feels nice also, it will need a little abuse before its what I wanted, but I figured that would be the case no matter what I bought
              More later.

Comment

Got a King, which is new to me so still working it out.
                A Sword- which I love! Become a slight turnover disc.
                Just picked up a Underworld- haven't throw it yet.

But I really like the feel of Westside plastic!

Comment

Me and my VIP underworld are not getting along as well as I had hoped
                  I am going to have to take it out of my bag, and put my beat dx glow Valk. back in for the showdown.

Also the VIP stag was not as overstable as I had hoped, its still in the bag for now though.

Comment

Love VIP King. Bought a lower weight and love the flight path. Out of my hands it is a long S flight path. The speed and glide definitely help with the distance.
                    "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

i have picked up a VIP 172 Hatchet
                      still testing it, not sure how i fell about it yet.
                      might be too close to both my Opto Saints and Opto Fury
                      thats a tight slot to slip into, to get in between them.

Comment

I throw a bit of westside, the world is amazing! 168 grams straight stable with reliable left fade, the sorcerer is new to my bag, fast with great glide. The sword is my point and shoot driver, whatever line I put it on. I also have the harp....wonderful over stable putter!

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                          i have picked up a VIP 172 Hatchet
                          still testing it, not sure how i fell about it yet.
                          might be too close to both my Opto Saints and Opto Fury
                          thats a tight slot to slip into, to get in between them.

if you end up not liking the hatchet i'd take it off your hands!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X